To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a classroom teacher/form tutor.
To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
To contribute to raising standards of student attainment.
To share and support the academy’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
Essential educational requirements
• Delivery of Key Stage 4 English
• Understand the use of assessment in improving performance.
• Ability to use data for pupil performance.
• Understanding of performance difference between boys, girls and specific groups.
• A commitment to equality principles and practices.
• Qualified Teacher
• Good Practitioner.
• Good Subject Knowledge.
Essential skills and experience
• Enthusiasm for and commitment to the achievement of the Academy’s overall vision for success at all levels.
• Willingness to work hard.
• Enthusiastic and exceptional teacher, with a proven track record of excellent results in public examinations.
• Flexible, adaptable, results orientated and able to prioritise, resilient under pressure.
• Awareness of and commitment to equal opportunities and valuing diversity.
• To command and demand respect from the school community.
• A commitment to “personalising learning” for all students in the Academy.
• Creativity and enthusiasm to promote a positive school image to the local and national community.
• Team Player.
• Sense of humour.
• Passion for the subject.
We recognise that recruiting high quality staff is of the utmost importance as we continue to improve and expand. We offer a high-quality induction and support including many CPD opportunities to enhance career progression. We support staff with their well-being and workload to ensure they enjoy working here and they can make an impact.
About Queensbury Academy
- Langdale Road, Dunstable, Bedfordshire, LU6 3BU
- Queensbury Academy website (opens in a new window)