Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Main scale to UPR dependant on experience
We require an exceptional and dynamic teacher play a pivotal role in English teaching across the different key stages to join our award-winning Trust based in the North West.
Here we all lead to secure the best Learning, Innovation and Opportunity, and we seek those who have determination for success, a thirst for continued learning and a drive to be relentlessly ambitious for the students and communities they serve. Here we make a difference and transform lives.
Here we Unlock Potential.
With four Primary schools in Wigan and the UCS in Bolton we are enhancing young lives across the North West. We focus on unlocking potential and giving every student a real chance to succeed.
As Pearson’s National Silver Award winner for Digital Innovator of the Year, the Trust will be expanding its digital delivery of learning in our new school. Here you will be joining a team who are also award winners: SSATs Educational Outcomes Award. A blend of excellence and experience to enable you to be the best you can be.
Do you want to make a difference, teaching future Editors, Journalists and Digital Copywriters?
Do you want to work in modern, top class facilities?
Do you want the support, guidance and continued professional development to help you achieve your career aspirations?
If you deliver exceptional education for the children and young people in your care, have the inner determination to secure success for all, work with digital confidence and relish the chance to create our new 11-19 school with us, we would be delighted to hear from you.
We are looking to appoint an inspirational and dedicated Teacher with experience of delivering English qualifications who is committed to ensuring the best progress, outcomes and student engagement in our thriving school.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a hardworking, experienced and successful team who are passionate about making sure that all students unlock their potential and develop a love of English.
We are looking for an educational professional who will support our students. You will drive learning delivery through our digital strategy and student agency. You will be a role model to all and be committed to work related project-based learning as well as enhancing the cultural capital of our students.
The successful candidate will benefit from being part of a Trust committed to Learning, Innovation and Opportunity for all, a school with exceptional facilities and resources and a team of experienced colleagues and technician.
This is a unique time and opportunity where you can be a part of shaping the future of our new school, with STEM at the heart of its curriculum delivery.
Join US and Unlock your Potential
As a member of QUEST you can expect:
• A supportive environment allowing you to progress and develop as an expert teacher
• Excellent CPD opportunities and guidance through our Spirit of Purpose Programme
• Students who are enthusiastic and keen to learn in a positive environment
• The opportunity to work within a team of highly supportive and creative colleagues
• A Trust committed to doing the best for each and every one of its students
• A Trust committed to a digital strategy and life skills curriculum which provides a balance for all
• Up-to-date facilities, located at the heart of the knowledge campus
• Creative and innovative approaches that engage students, develop agency and harness digital technology
• To be shaping the next phase of education for the future
• A balance for excellence for all
• The Trust expects:
• a UK teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, SCITT, BEd or MEd with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• a relevant Degree or a related subject
• experience of delivering English, pushing and engaging learners to progress within the subject
• A teacher willing to become an Apple Teacher in our digitally innovative Trust
• A personal commitment to being the best you can be.
The Trust wants to hear from ambitious teachers with new ideas!
There are plenty of progression opportunities through our Spirit of Purpose!
Why not join us on our exciting new journey?
20 Great Reasons to work for us…………….
1. Great pupils and students, you will never forget.
2. Our schools are all about passion, determination, and enthusiasm and we live these words - it’s how we show up at work.
3. Our motto, ‘Unlocking Potential’, reflects how we see challenges as opportunities and have an unshakeable belief in the right of children to a high-quality education.
4. A coaching culture of high rapport, high challenge, and high support to enable you to work at the top of your game.
5. Stunning staff motivated to succeed.
6. A staff voice across the Trust that is actually listened to and shapes our evolution – our Spirit Group.
7. Inspirational Leadership and great teamwork at all levels.
8. Senior Leaders you can trust, who have integrity and moral purpose, are human, and walk the talk.
9. Amazing exam results with a ‘whole education’ genuinely valued.
10. Be the best through our Spirit of Purpose programme including an outstanding induction year for newly qualified and experienced teachers.
11. Access to the Employee Assistance Programme for you and your family’s wellbeing.
12. Participation in the Childcare Voucher Scheme, free of tax and NI.
13. Investment in staff training e.g. subsidised MA qualification options.
14. An internal market for promotion within the growing group of QUEST Academies or as a funded ‘Change Champions’.
15. A uniquely collaborative approach across the Trust serving the needs of our communities.
16. Termly staff newsletter celebrating successes and achievements and responding to your questions.
17. Credit Union savings scheme.
18. A newly structured working pattern with a two-week break in October.
19. Welcoming people, positive teams, and working environments – ‘A Balance for Excellence’.
20. Do education differently.
Applying for the job
https://www.questrust.org.uk/work-for-us-1More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
167 pupils enrolled
14 to 19
About University Collegiate School
Located within the University of Bolton campus, UCS has an outstanding £10 million facility for 11-19 year olds which includes specialist laboratories for Optometry, Clinical Dentistry, Pharmaceutical Consulting, Medical Simulation, Robotics, Electronics and 3D Printing.
Our facilities uniquely inspire and motivate our students to succeed in their studies and propel their careers forward.
Our staff are subject specialists that employ a wide range of teaching and learning strategies, with our digital platform embedded in delivery to provide the best possible learning opportunities for our students.
We aim to continue the journey of the UTC’s success, as SSATs Educational Outcomes Award Winners and build on this as we welcome our first cohort of Year 7 students in September 2020. The team who have worked tirelessly to improve standards so far, will be the bedrock of the successes in the future and provide a level of excellence and professionalism now being recognised by others.
Arranging a visit to University Collegiate School
All visits will be arranged in accordance with
COVID Health and Safety guidelines