EOTAS Teacher - maths
To carry out the duties of the teacher as set out in the School Teachers Pay and Conditions Document.
Purpose of job:
• To promote vision, ethos and aims of the Centre at all times.
• To promote and support at all times the ‘Every Child Matters’ Agenda.
• To plan and teach learning activities and experiences which give all pupils opportunities to increase and improve what they know, understand and are able to do.
• To adhere to DfE teacher standards at all time.
• To be responsible for the day to day teaching of a class, to formulate and monitor teaching plans for the individual needs of pupils of all abilities in the class and other pupils as required.
• To manage and supervise the work of support staff appropriate to the class.
• To control and supervise the use of resources and ensuring that all Health and Safety requirements are observed.
• To carry out the duties of a class teacher in respect of pupils to include:
a) To take all possible steps to ensure that members of classes develop positive
attitudes and good standards of behaviour.
b) The maintenance of discipline and acceptable standards of conduct and
appearance of pupils.
c) The establishment of positive relationships with pupils to develop their social and academic potential and to be a prime point of reference for their problems.
d) To consult and inform colleagues and parents regarding pupil progress,
attainment and attitudes.
• The delivery of lessons which have clear purpose, cater appropriately for the learning needs of pupils of differing abilities and interests and ensure the full participation of all.
• The establishment of positive relationships which are open and consistent and based on mutual respect and which promote pupil motivation, confidence and good behaviour.
• Statutory requirements for end of key stage assessments and for the annual review of statements are effectively administered and implemented.
• Home/school partnerships are developed which are effective and constructive and built on good communications.
• To participate as required in meetings with colleagues and parents in respect of the duties and responsibilities of the post and to be fully prepared with relevant documents and information.
• The setting and marking of homework for pupils as appropriate; providing cover for first day of absence and carrying out supervision of pupils as detailed by the Headteacher.
• To implement the school`s policy for equal opportunities.
• To keep abreast of trends and development in education especially those relevant to the duties and responsibilities of the post.
• To present all aspects of the school positively and professionally to parents and other professionals.
• To take responsibility for their own appropriate professional development in liaison with the Performance Management Team, Leader and continuing Professional Development Co-ordinator.
Essential educational requirements
• Qualified Teacher Status (or QTLS)
• Experience of working in schools as a teacher
• Ability to offer GCSE mathematics.
• Special Needs qualification/experience
• Qualified Teacher Status (or QTLS)
Essential skills and experience
• An excellent practitioner
• Open to change
• Positive attitude towards work
• Ability to promote appropriate behaviour
• Enthusiastic and creative response to change
• Ability and desire to work as part of a team
• Good communication skills
• Commitment to close liaison with parents
• Desire to make a positive difference
• Good sense of humour
• Knowledge of the teaching strategies and classroom management strategies to support pupils with learning and behavioural difficulties.
MPS + 1 SEN point
About St Thomas's Centre
- Lambeth Street, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB1 1NA
- Not Applicable
- LA Maintained School
- St Thomas's Centre website (opens in a new window)