£24,290 - £27,858 per annum (depending on experience) Grade 6 - 7
This is an exceptional opportunity to join Avanti Fields School.
Are you practical, can you turn your hand to most things, good at solving problems, able to use your own initiative, have good people skills, have high standards for health and safety and a clean and organised environment?
Are you a can-do person who is reliable, hardworking, patient, well organised, self-motivated, takes pride in their work, and has a sense of humour?
Then we need YOU!
We need an exceptional person as our Estates and Premises Manager to join our team at Avanti Fields School who will support the Principal and Senior Estates Manager to ensure the site and premises are safe, secure and well organised so that our children have the very best learning environment.
This is a unique opportunity to help develop the school, which will be shaped by three key elements for both students and staff:
• Educational excellence
• Character formation
• Spiritual insight
Avanti Fields is a part of the growing family of Avanti schools. Avanti schools are Hindu-designated faith schools. However, staff and students at Avanti Fields do not originate from any specific faith background; applications are welcome from practitioners of any faith and from those of none. They will, however, be expected to be in full sympathy with the unique ethos and vision of the School.
Your day will consist of the following tasks:
• Carry out operational activities of the Trust inclusive of Real Estate / Premises, Health & Safety, Security, Procurement and Facilities Management ensuring that the Trust delivers compliant services to operational excellence standards.
• To provide an onsite presence and carry out the duties required to support team in the delivery of Services to the Avanti Schools.
• Supporting role in developing the future operational requirements of the Trust, ensuring operational business planning meets the need of the strategic Trust expansion plans and that investment and expenditure is proven value for money leveraging economies of scale across the Trust.
• Due to the nature of this role, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. In making your application, it is essential you disclose whether you have any pending charges, convictions, bind-overs or cautions and, if so, for which offences. This post will be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Therefore, applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are ‘spent’ under the provision of the Act, and, in the event of the employment being taken up; any failure to disclose such convictions will result in dismissal or disciplinary action. The fact that a pending charge, conviction, bind-over or caution has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this appointment.
• Avanti Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff, governors and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will also be completed.
• We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people to Avanti Schools Trust and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
• Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
Applying for the job
Completed applications, equal opportunities and GDPR consent forms must be e-mailed before the closing date to firstname.lastname@example.org
More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.