Full-Time Permanent Estates Manager
Discovery Schools Trust
Central Services - Hybrid Working
Grade 13 Pay Point 35-38
37 hours per week, 52 weeks a year
As an Estates Manager, you will work as part of the Trust Facilities and Place Planning Team and be line managed by the Director of Estates and Place Planning.
Through careful management and direction from strategic planning documents, you'll seek to solve estates related problems, deliver on capital projects, including formal tender procedures, and assist and support the development of new schools and education provision. You'll also work to improve wider estates related areas and work with an established team on sustainability projects, health and safety and digital transformation areas to better impact education and teaching and learning environments.
We are looking for applicants who has:
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification, or significant managerial experience in estate/construction management.
- Experience in project managing complex capital projects on time and within budget.
- Knowledge/experience of working in schools.
- Knowledge & experience of building contract administration & management.
- Policy, procedure, risk assessment development experience.
Please see document attached for a full job description and person specification, and to assist in your application. Including Main Duties and Responsibilities.
What we offer:
- Flexible working options
- Support for continuous professional development in the role
- Opportunities to visit other organisations for professional learning
- Highly committed and motivated Team
- A role which has the opportunity to make a real difference whilst having fun
- Free car parking
- Annual incremental pay increases with the pay scale range
- A defined benefit pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme - EAP
- Employee self-service portal.
- Eyecare voucher scheme.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail discounts
- Dental support
- Gym discount
- Be an integral member of the team in a vibrant school
- Create an outstanding learning environment for the success of all of our children
- Play a significant part in continuing to develop our school
- Be part of a wider community of Discovery Schools Trust
- Excellent opportunities for personal and career development
- A established Central Services Team who support schools and wider colleagues
Discovery Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence is shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
Please note that interviews for this position may be made earlier than the stated closing date if a suitable candidate is identified. Therefore, we encourage interested applicants to submit their applications promptly. Early submission will not only ensure consideration for the position but also increase the likelihood of being invited for an interview. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to receiving your application.
While we acknowledge the advantages of AI in crafting personal statements for applications, we strongly encourage and expect applicants to personalise and tailor responses. Please note that the Trust may utilise AI checking solutions during the application review process and will be considered when shortlisting.
Safeguarding Statement: Discovery Schools Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidate invited to interview will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring service (DBS) check and references will be sought prior to the interview taking place.
This job post has expired.