This job expired on 20 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
20 March 2023 at 9am
8 March 2023
- View all Full timejobs - 36 hours 40 minutes
- Grade 3 SCP 06 -11 (£21,968 - £24,054)
What skills and experience we're looking for
Under the umbrella of the Cranmer Education Trust, The Blue Coat School is seeking to appoint an Events Coordinator to administer our busy educational visits programme which gives students the opportunity to enrich their school experience, whether a ski trip, to America, a trip to the Belgian Battlefields or a local excursion under the national Duke of Edinburgh scheme. This role also covers basic financial administration of our School Fund and provides the first point of contact for our cashless payment system used by parents.
We are looking for someone who:
- Can organise concurrent events whilst delivering outstanding customer service
- Works well under pressure
- Has excellent grammatical skills and is a confident communicator
- Has a keen eye for detail and will challenge the norm in order to make continual improvement
- Is comfortable working in a role which incorporates both administration and finance
- Can play an active part in ensuring all staff across a busy school site are aware of their health and safety responsibilities
- Has a positive and proactive approach to their work and enjoys being part of a busy team
What the school offers its staff
Working for The Blue Coat School means that you would be part of the Cranmer Education Trust, a successful, growing Trust which prides itself on looking after its people, offering a high level of support and access to expertise. This is an excellent time to join the team, as we develop collaborative structures and systems to enhance and support our growing family of schools.
Alongside Blue Coat, the Trust is made up of St Anne’s Academy in Middleton, The Brian Clarke CE Academyand two primary schools - East Crompton St George’s and Mayfield Primary. The Trust also incorporates a teacher training school and the East Manchester Teaching Hub; both of which support the training and development of new and existing teachers across the North West of England. For further details please visit https://careers.cranmereducationtrust.com/.
This position will be based at The Blue Coat School, Oldham, but requires travel as necessary to collaborate with other schools across the trust (all within easy driving distance).
- Opportunities for professional development in a growing Trust
- LGPS career average pension scheme including life insurance and dependent's pension
- Generous holiday entitlement and sick pay scheme, increasing with length of service
- Central Oldham location close to good transport networks
Further details about the role
The Cranmer Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Cranmer Education Trust follows safer recruitment practices. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020 and appointment is therefore subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
For further information please refer to:
- The Cranmer Education Trust’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy Trust Policies | Cranmer Education Trust
- The Trust’s statement on the employment of ex-offenders, in the job details’ documents section.
- The job description and person specification for further information regarding the safeguarding responsibilities of the role.
For further information and to apply please visit the Cranmer Education Trust careers site.
Please note CVs are not accepted.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Blue Coat CofE School
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1683 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Blue Coat CofE School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0161 624 1484
We are very proud of our school, which attracts students from across Greater Manchester and beyond. It first opened in 1834. Our founder, Thomas Henshaw, was a committed Anglican who left a bequest to fund a school which would provide education for the orphaned boys of the parish. From these humble beginnings, the Blue Coat School has become one of the biggest and most successful schools in the country. The school has a national reputation for high quality teaching and learning, pastoral care, consistently excellent examination results and outstanding progress. Our most recent OFSTED inspection in 2011/2 judged the school to be outstanding in every category. As a result, Blue Coat has been designated a National Teaching School which means that we work with schools nationally and locally to develop the very best educational provision. Blue Coat is grounded in tradition and history, and is evolving and forward looking. Our historic campus has been restored and developed extensively; our students enjoy picnic lunches in front of a Grade II listed building but their learning takes place in superb 21st century classrooms, laboratories and studios. Blue Coat is dedicated to serving young people, to enable them to become everything they can be and everything that they are meant to be. We are a Church of England school that welcomes members of other Christian denominations, and of other faiths. Our Anglican beliefs, values and worship are at the core of our life together in school.
Arranging a visit to The Blue Coat CofE School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Co-op Academy Grange
Co-Op Academy Grange, Bradford, BD5 9ET
Work Experience and Career's Coordinator
Co-op Academy Southfield
Haycliffe Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD5 9ET
The Blue Coat CofE School
Egerton Street, Oldham, Lancashire, OL1 3SQ
E-ACT Royton and Crompton Academy
Blackshaw Lane, Oldham, Greater Manchester, OL2 6NT
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Oldham and Lancashire, Blackburn and Blackpool