Cheltenham Bournside School and Sixth Form Centre, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
|Working pattern||Staggered hours only|
|Salary||£8,.65 to £8,.65 per year (full-time equivalent)|
We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic team player, with a positive attitude. The successful candidate may come from a range of backgrounds and have a sound education. Days of work vary according to the exam timetable though tend to be concentrated in May & June.
Full training and induction will be provided to the successful applicant. To apply please complete and submit an online application form which can be found under the vacancies page on the school’s website.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All posts will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Essential educational requirements
Experience of invigilation is not required as training in the role and duties of an invigilator will be provided.
Invigilators are required to declare if they have invigilated previously and whether they have any current maladministration/malpractice sanctions applied to them.
1. Be reliable, punctual, flexible and readily available during main exam periods
2. Have effective communication skills and good interpersonal skills.
3. Have excellent organisational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
4. Work well as part of a team or alone as necessary.
5. Ability to work to predetermined instructions.
Essential skills and experience
1. To be confident and a reassuring presence to candidates in exam rooms.
2. Be able to remain calm under pressure and work on own initiative to problem solve.
3. Be able to give instructions and manage situations involving different groups of people.
4. Have basic IT skills (familiar with use of email, mobile phone messaging etc.)
5. Be tactful, understand confidentiality and be committed to equal
|School size||1687 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Cheltenham Bournside School and Sixth Form Centre website (opens in a new window)|
Warden Hill Road, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL51 3EF