Exam Invigilators - casual
We are looking for invigilators to join our friendly invigilator team to supervise exams being held from May to June. This is a casual role which would suit someone who is punctual and reliable. Experience is not required, as training will be provided. The hourly rate is £8.21 per hour rising to £8.75 in April. Casual workers also receive ‘rolled up holiday’ payments of 12% for each month they work.
An ideal candidate will:
* Need to be be available to work mornings from 8.15 am and/or afternoons from 1.00 pm
* Be a confident and reassuring presence to candidates in exam rooms
* Be punctual, reliable and flexible
* Dress smartly
* Have effective communication skills
* Be required to undertake a DBS check prior to starting
* Need to attend training, including safeguarding training
* Work within a team of invigilators supervising students undertaking examinations
* Setting up exam rooms in accordance with the relevant regulations and guidelines, and help clear the room after the exam
* Dealing with queries raised by students
* Administer examinations so that they are conducted in accordance with all regulations and guidelines
* To play a key role in upholding the integrity of the examination process
If you would like to visit us before applying, or you would like to speak with the Exams Officer, please do not hesitate to contact Tracey Crewdson on 01276 702540 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please email a completed support staff application form which can be found on our website www.fernhill.hants.sch.uk to email@example.com We look forward to hearing from you.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
About Fernhill School
We are proud of our reputation as a small, friendly school, built on strong, traditional values, where exceptional pastoral care, the acceptance of others and the celebration of diversity and excellent academic achievement for all are the cornerstones of our success. We have a committed, loyal and talented team of leaders, teachers and support staff. As a new member of staff you will be well supported: we have an induction process, and you will be given an Induction Mentor. We see professional learning as a major strategic priority. Our dynamic, forward thinking, new Headteacher is looking for staff who are not afraid to take risks and innovate both inside and outside the classroom. We guarantee that anyone who visits our school will want to become part of our exciting team. Fernhill School is a mainstream, non-selective, community state secondary for girls and boys aged 11-16. The school is located in Farnborough, Hampshire and has good transport links via the M3 and A331.
- Neville Duke Road, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 9BY
- LA Maintained School
- Fernhill School website (opens in a new window)