Examination Invigilators – part-time (zero hours contract)
Start date: ASAP (for training)
Rate of pay: £10.65 per hour (including holiday pay)
Hours of work: term time only on a flexible, variable hours basis. Shift patterns will vary, but applicants will need to be available for am/pm sessions (with 8am and 12.30pm start times) during this academic year's exam season:
- 30th October 2023 - 9th November 2023
- 26th February 2024 - 1st March 2024
- 15th April 2024 - 26th April 2024
- All of May 2024 - June 21st 2024
Closing date: Friday 22nd September 2023
We are looking to expand our team of invigilators for our upcoming exam periods as detailed above. Successful candidates will have a genuine interest in supporting our students to perform to the best of their ability and will be required to:
- provide assistance with the setting-up of exam rooms
- promote a calm environment in which candidates feel relaxed and confident
- help to ensure that the right students are in the right places at the right time
- issue students with the correct papers, communicating vital information and ensuring they are equipped with the materials they need
- invigilate exams
- collect papers at the end of an exam
- work with our Exams Officer to ensure that regulations are adhered to
- monitor behaviour during exam sessions
- scribe for students who have Access Arrangements in place
- Attend appropriate training and regular refresher sessions.
Above all, we are looking for reliable, flexible and enthusiastic individuals with a calming influence and an eye for detail. The ability to communicate clearly and accurately with both students and staff is also key, as is the ability to follow set instructions both as part of a team and on an individual basis. Other qualities we are looking for include punctuality and a common sense approach.
At KWS, we understand the value of having a workforce that reflects and represents our multi-ethnic student body from an equality, diversity and inclusivity perspective. We therefore welcome and embrace applications from all backgrounds.
We are also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and visitors to share this commitment. This post will require a Full Enhanced, with List Checks, Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS).
As part of our selection and appointment process, and in accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance, we are required to conduct online searches on all candidates in order to identify any incidents or concerns which are publicly available online. By submitting and signing your application, you acknowledge that such searches will be conducted as part of the selection and appointment process.
Applications will be shortlisted throughout the process, and we may interview and close the advert early if we are in a position to recruit a suitable candidate. We therefore encourage interested candidates to apply early.
This job post has expired.