We are seeking an experienced Examinations Officer to work within our high performing Academy. You will be experienced in Examination matters and be able to manage your workload effectively to be able to deliver high quality service.
Main Areas of Responsibility
Your responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for all public examinations from organisation of entries, organisation of examination sessions and all communications with examination boards;
- Liaison between exam boards and Coordinators or Academy leadership teams;
- Circulation of information and instructions from examination boards to all relevant staff;
- Plan an annual calendar of examinations and distribute this to the leadership team. Updating with detail in a timely way before each examination session;
- To agree timetable with coordinators for non-date specific examinations (eg. controlled assessments);
- Responsible for recruitment, induction and training of invigilators;
- Be responsible for deployment of invigilators with regard to budget costs;
- Check and oversee the distribution of all certificates for students;
- Provide facilities for external students if appropriate;
- In liaison with the Student Support Services organise appropriate support for candidates with special needs;
- Collect syllabus requirements, entries coursework marks, estimated grades from Coordinators ;
- Check that sufficient quantities of papers are received and that procedures for storage of papers are adhered to;
- Liaise with premises staff and Assistant Principal responsible for examinations to ensure halls are set up appropriately;
- Responsible for setting up the examination room provision, including any equipment required;
- Responsible for collecting scripts and keeping securely until sent to examination board;
- Responsible for keeping certificates of posting and other important certification relating to security of examinations;
- Collection, collation and distribution of examination results to Principal and students;
- Processing special consideration requests as required;
- Keep accurate accounts of any fees paid by students;
- Provide entries lists to Coordinators and Assistant Principals for checking;
- Creating and examination timetable showing dates, times and locations;
- Ensure all students are given their statements of entry and are informed of the dates and times of their examinations.
Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- English and Mathematics GCSE or equivalent
- Degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of the examination system and procedures
- Knowledge of Microsoft software
- Knowledge of National curriculum
- Three years' experience of working in an inner city school or educational establishment
- Experience in a similar role
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
This job post has expired.