Required for September 2022
Pontefract Academies Trust is a cross phase Multi Academy Trust comprising of eight schools, six primaries and two 11 - 16 secondary schools. The Trust is a medium sized family of schools all located within a tight geographic hub within Pontefract. Pupils are drawn from the local community that includes a mix of different catchment areas.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, hardworking and committed Exams and Cover Officer at Carleton High School. This candidate will be responsible for leading and managing all aspects of examinations organisation, entries and results arrangements at the school. They will be responsible for examination entries and liaising with key staff on the examination processes, including entries, exam board requirements and exam timetables. They will also be responsible for the day to day cover arrangements for unplanned absences in school.
This is a 37 hours per week, term time plus ten days, permanent contract, equating to 200 working days per year.
The school can offer:
• hard-working and highly committed staff who share a common sense of purpose and high expectations of what pupils can achieve.
• a supportive Trust as your employer that are strongly committed to providing high quality CPD and career progression.
• significant opportunities to work in collaboration with colleagues in this school and across the Trust.
• the opportunity to work with ambitious and inspirational leaders.
We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic person who:
• has a friendly manner and can communicate effectively with staff and pupils.
• will make a difference in changing children’s life chances.
• has the skills and abilities to support children of all abilities and personal needs.
• can work effectively as part of a team but can also work independently using their own initiative.
• has the ability to form effective relationships with pupils and parents/carers.
To apply for this role and view a job specification please visit the Trust’s website: www.pontefractacademiestrust.org.uk/vacancies
For more information on the role, or to discuss a visit (depending on current covid restrictions), please contact the school at 01977 781555 or via email at email@example.com.
Completed application forms should be returned via the online Face-Ed applicant system no later than 10:00am on Tuesday 27th September 2022.
We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from everyone. The Pontefract Academies Trust is wholly committed to ensuring children and young people are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and young people whilst promoting their welfare. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure and pre-employment checks. Shortlisted applicants will also be asked to provide criminal conviction information.