Are you looking for an Executive Headship in a Trust which understands the importance of knowledge in the development of our students and believes that developing pedagogy is a significant part of your job?
Do you want to be at the forefront of school improvement strategies which will not only benefit Malcolm Arnold Academy but, as part of your wider responsibility, you will support other schools in their journey?
Essential educational requirements
Degree level education
QTS or equivalent
Nationally recognised leadership certificate
Essential skills and experience
- Experience as a successful Secondary Head Teacher
- Clear evidence of successful management of whole school improvement strategies and effective school development planning
- Clear evidence of having raised standards of achievement and experience of curriculum leadership and development
- Successful management of monitoring and evaluation strategies of quality of teaching and learning, student outcomes, quality of provision and efficiency
- Successful management of OFSTED process
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of current evidence-based research
- Ability to plan and deliver effective training and development programmes which meet identified needs within the academy
- Ability to undertake effective interpretation, analysis and use of data
- Able to develop and maintain good relationships with staff, parents, governors and the community
Continuing personal and professional development
System leadership role across the Trust
About Malcolm Arnold Academy
Malcolm Arnold Academy is a co-educational secondary school based in Northampton, Northamptonshire, for students aged 11-18. The school takes its name from the legendary composer Sir Malcolm Arnold. Born in Northampton in 1921, he was one of the leading figures in 20th-century classical music and helped to establish the National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain.
- Trinity Avenue, Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN2 6JW
- Malcolm Arnold Academy website (opens in a new window)