The Harris Federation is looking to appoint a new primary Executive Principal to work with several of our primary academies around London. There is flexibility on when this post starts with options for both January and Easter 2023, or sooner, depending on the successful applicant. We are interested to hear from inspirational leaders who can provide the leadership, management support and challenge which promotes the highest standards of achievement, and enables the Federation to give every pupil high quality education.
Main Areas of Responsibility
Creating the future of the Primary academies in the Federation
- Working with all stakeholders to implement the strategic vision for the Federation and promote that vision, values and ethos to Principals, pupils, staff, Governors, parents and the wider community.
- Motivate others to achieve excellent outcomes through distribution of leadership through teams and individuals in each academy and across the Federation.
- Work to build the capacity of the group through coaching, mentoring and training of colleagues.
Leading teaching and learning/working through other leaders to
- Drive a consistent Federation-wide focus on pupils’ achievement, using data and benchmarks to monitor progress.
- Ensure creative, responsive and effective approaches to learning and teaching.
- Deliver high expectations and challenging targets for each academy community.
- Monitor, evaluate and review delegated academy’s practice and promote effective improvement strategies.
- Rigorously tackle under-performance at all levels.
- Provide inspiration and strong strategic leadership to the teaching teams to ensure the academies deliver the highest standards of learning across the board.
- Create a culture and ethos of challenge and support where all pupils can achieve success and become engaged in their own learning.
Developing self and working with others
- Ensure academies develop and maintain effective strategies and procedures for staff induction, professional development and performance review.
- Promote and maintain a culture of high expectations.
- Regularly review own practice, set personal targets and take responsibility for own development, seeking advice and support.
- Play an integral leadership role in our core team by supporting and challenging Consultants and by modelling best practice.
Managing the organisation
- Ensure evidence-based improvement plans and policies promote continuous school improvement linked to each Academy’s SEF.
- In partnership with Principals, develop effective relationships and communications which underpin a professional learning community that enables everyone in the academies to achieve.
- Put in place effective team communication mechanisms to ensure that all staff are involved in the Federation/academies’ development plans.
- Promote and support the appointment of excellent staff at all levels.
- Develop effective organisational and management structures for each academy and seek ways of improving organisational structures and functions based on rigorous self-evaluation.
- Work in partnership with Principals to use and integrate a range of technologies effectively.
- Work in collaboration with the central Federation IT team to ensure our primary academy IT model is understood and delivered.
Accountability in each academy and the Federation
- Create and develop an organisation in which all staff recognise that they are accountable for the success of the academy and the Federation.
- Take responsibility for the performance of a designated group of schools.
- Ensure the presentation of a coherent and accurate account of each academy’s performance in a form appropriate to a range of audiences.
- Combine the outcomes of regular academy self-evaluation with external evaluations in order to further improve the academies.
The academy buildings and site
- Support Principals to maximise the potential of the sites to provide stimulating learning environments and community facilities.
Qualifications & Experience
Qualifications & Experience
- Serving or returning Principal.
- Substantial and successful experience at Principal level in maintained primary education.
- Teaching qualification.
- Degree or Certificate of Education.
- Proven track record in improving outcomes
- An understanding of working with a culturally diverse community.
- Vision for strategic leadership across more than one school.
Strategic Direction & Shaping The Future
- Experience of successful delivery against agreed strategic plans.
- Ability to articulate clear visions for the Federation and its development over the next three years.
- An understanding of and desire to lead at a system level
Learning & Teaching
- Excellent understanding of how children learn and ability to evaluate and coach for outstanding teaching methods.
- Track record of accessing, monitoring and evaluating the quality of teaching standards and the delivery of a vibrant curriculum across the board.
- Knowing how to monitor a group through use of Data and KPI’s
- Evidence of a strong knowledge of the current major curriculum issues, legislative changes and their significance for the management and leadership of a primary academy.
- Successful experience and understanding of the Ofsted process.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
This job post has expired.