Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Fixed term (Fixed for one academic year with the possibility for extension after this time )
We are looking to appoint a teacher to join our dedicated and supportive school community from September 2021. The successful applicant will be someone who embraces the whole curriculum, wants the very best for every child, both academically and pastorally and wants to learn from others. They must be enthusiastic, flexible and dedicated.
This position would be suitable for an experienced teacher looking for a change or an NQT.
The successful applicant will:
• Be passionate about learning and proud to be a teacher.
• Motivate and challenge children by creating stimulating, vibrant and purposeful lessons and environment.
• Have high levels of person and professional integrity and pastoral care.
• Have high expectations of children’s progress and attainment, as well as being highly organised and resourceful.
• Work effectively as part of a team to support each child’s learning, working with the wider staff team and parents
• is happy to support the school's Catholic ethos and have a commitment to the school's vision and mission statement.
We can offer you:
• A highly experienced and very friendly team who will support you greatly in your new role.
• Wonderful children.
• Varied opportunities for training and development both in-house and external that meet both the needs of you as an individual and the school.
• A ‘good’ school underpinned by high quality relationships.
• Staff who care about each other and grow together.
Applying for the job
Please forward completed CES application form to email@example.com
St Paul’s Catholic Primary School and Portsmouth City Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school, Roman Catholic
361 pupils enrolled
2 to 11
About St Paul's Catholic Primary School
St Paul’s is a mixed voluntary aided Catholic primary school, serving the parish of St Colman and St Paul. It is situated in Paulsgrove, an area to the North of the City of Portsmouth. With approximately 345 children on roll (approx. 32% Catholic). St Paul’s is an above average-sized primary school,32% of children are eligible for free school meals and 42% for the pupil premium. 12% of pupils are identified by the school as having special educational needs. Approximately 71% of pupils on roll are from a White British background. The remainder are from a wide mix of ethnic backgrounds. Approximately 22% are learning English as an additional language.
Our School’s Mission is to ‘Do Everything with Love,’ so, we aim to provide an inclusive community where everyone is valued for their own individual talents and personality. We work hard to offer our children a strong spiritual, nurturing and moral base, a rich, exciting and challenging curriculum and a stimulating learning environment, enabling them to reach their full potential. All staff are well qualified in a variety of appropriate areas.