Fixed term (Fixed term for 1 year in the first instance, September 2021 start)
Main Pay Scale to UPS (£25,714 - £41,604)
Launceston Primary School are seeking to appoint an EYFS & KS1 Lead (0.6) who has a passion for learning and who demonstrates consistently high standards of teaching.
Job Title: EYFS & KS1 Lead across Primary Trust schools
School base: Primary Schools across Launceston College Multi Academy Trust
Contract type: 0.6 working pattern to be agreed
Salary: Main pay scale including UPS (dependent on experience)
Contract term: Fixed term for 1 year in the first instance
Start date: 1 September 2021
Closing Date: Tuesday 20 April 2021, 9am
Interviews on: To be confirmed
Purpose of the Job:
• To work within and across the Primary Schools which are part of the Launceston College Multi Academy Trust.
• To provide leadership, direction and management to ensure sustained improvement of the Early Years Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1.
• To share in and support the leadership of the schools as a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
• To help lead the schools in the policies and practices of continuous school improvement and staff development in relation to the Early Years Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1.
• To carry out the duties of a teacher as set out in the School teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document.
As part of the school leadership team you will:
• Support and model the aims and ethos of the school.
• Model, support and uphold the school’s policies.
• Contribute to staff development activities.
• Understand issues relating to the organisation, including data trends.
• Develop links with MAT Board, Governors, outside agencies and other schools.
• Set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance.
• Support other leaders in the development and running of the school.
• Demonstrate the very best teaching practice and classroom management consistently
• Constantly strive for excellence, look beyond school for research ideas and be forward thinking in terms of new educational developments that could impact upon the school.
• Ensure that you take an active role in your own professional development.
• Be active within and fully committed to working in collaboration across the Trust.
• Uphold the school’s robust safeguarding policy and processes.
You may also be asked to undertake other duties in line with your management role within the school.
For a full job description and person specification please visit our website https://www.launcestonprimary.school/our-school/work-for-us
To apply and be considered for this vacancy, all applicants must complete an application form.
To apply online please take a look at our website https://www.launcestonprimary.school/our-school/work-for-us
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 20th April 2021 9am.
More on how to apply
Launceston College Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to DBS clearance and appropriate pre-employment checks.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About the schools
Launceston Primary School will open its doors in September 2021. The two-form entry school will start with Reception pupils only, and will gradually fill to Year 6 to reach a maximum capacity of 420 pupils.
We will offer:
● A large two-form entry modern, well-equipped school with great facilities.
● A team of dedicated and committed staff.
● A culture which seeks to be fair, developmental, and supportive of staff and pupils.
● Opportunities to access professional development to ensure you are successful at the start and as the role develops.
● A large network across the primary and secondary settings, focusing on the 0-19 journey.
● Support from cross Trust systems and school improvement leaders.
49 pupils enrolled
4 to 11
77 pupils enrolled
4 to 11