EYFS Class Teacher
Are you passionate about teaching in Early Years Foundation Stage, with a strong track record in this area of Primary education, either currently teaching, or itching to get back into the classroom after a short break?
Due to the imminent relocation of our current EYFS Class Teacher, we are looking for an energetic, imaginative and inspirational class teacher to join our team at Easter, and lead the learning for our Early Years Foundation Stage class.
We can offer
• An amazing group of Early Years learners who are curious and capable, kind and thoughtful, creative and inspiring and who are ready to fly in their final term in EYFS
• A purpose built, modern EYFS classroom and superb outdoor learning space, complete with adventure playground, mud kitchen and woodland area which is well established and highly regarded
• A highly skilled and motivated staff team who will support you every step of the way to enable you to do your very best
• Pupils throughout the school who are kind and helpful to each other, work well together, are excited by learning and are keen to do their best
• A caring and supportive ethos with a framework of high expectations that ensures pupils achieve well, both academically and personally
• A dedicated and friendly community of staff, parents and governors
• A place to grow and shape your career within a team of talented professionals who are committed to their own and each other’s life-long learning
• A school building steeped in history, equipped for the demands of today’s learning and teaching, set in extensive grounds which we make full use of for planting and growing and for Forest School activities.
You will need to demonstrate that you are an excellent and experienced practitioner, who is
• Passionate about teaching and learning, with initiative, drive and ambition for each and every child
• Committed to achieving high standards, with a proven track record of making this happen
• Able to inspire children in the Early Years Foundation Stage, understanding their individual needs and enabling each to reach his or her true potential through a challenging and motivating curriculum
• Well organised, with the ability to prioritise and manage your workload efficiently
• A strong team player, resilient and relentless in the pursuit of excellence for all
• Able to support and contribute to the inclusive, Christian ethos of our school
• Able to facilitate a smooth transition for our EYFS pupils as they move towards Year 1, and ready to help implement our high quality transition programme for our next cohort as they start their school journey.
Essential educational requirements
Graduate with QTS
Essential skills and experience
~ Experienced EYFS practitioner, with knowledge and
understanding of teaching and learning in the EYFS.
~ Experience of delivering high quality transition programmes for
pupils both entering and leaving EYFS.
~ Understanding of teaching and learning at KS1.
~ Secure and up-to-date knowledge of the National Curriculum and
~ Secure understanding of the teaching of phonics and the ability to
plan and deliver effective phonics lessons.
~ Knowledge of the SEN Code of Practice and experience of
meeting the needs of pupils with SEN.
~ Minimum 2 years experience.
~ Understanding of teaching and learning at KS2.
~ Evidence of accelerating the progress of underachieving pupils.
~ Evidence of high quality provision for more able pupils.
~ Interest and experience in developing a creative and cross
curricular approach to learning.
Class Teachers are issued with their own laptop, with access to all resources on our network via Googledrive, meaning that PPA can be carried out at home if this suits our teachers better. Class Teachers also have a mini ipad for use when taking the class out and about.
About Andrews' Endowed Church of England Primary School
- 92 London Road, Alton, Hampshire, GU34 4EL
- LA Maintained School
- Andrews' Endowed Church of England Primary School website (opens in a new window)