EYFS Class Teacher
Krishna Avanti Primary School, Edgware, Middlesex
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £28,355 to £44,541|
Job Titles: Early Years Teacher
Salary Scale: MPS/UPS
Position: Full time
Start date: ASAP
Location: Camrose Avenue, Edgware, HA8 6ES
We are looking for an Early Years Teacher to join our team. Krishna Avanti Primary School is an Academy and part of the Avanti Schools Trust. The school has an inclusive ethos rooted in Hindu religious philosophy and welcomes applications from all faiths and backgrounds.
We place excellent teaching and learning at the heart of all we do. We have high expectations of our learners who respond extremely well to challenges within our broad curriculum.
The appointed candidate will be someone who, through their passion, commitment and understanding, provides the best learning experiences for their class, to build on the school’s successes and contribute to our continuing development.
We are looking for someone who will:
• Motivate, challenge and inspire students to be the best that they can be;
• Be committed to raising the achievement of every student through delivery of high quality lessons.
• Be enthusiastic, resourceful and keen to ensure that the highest possible standards of student achievement, personal development and well-being are achieved.
• Be adaptive to a variety of subject areas.
• Will show commitment to working to support and enhance the school's spiritual ethos;
• Will enjoy a challenge and be able to motivate and improve a growing school;
• Is committed to supporting learning in the classroom;
• Is resourceful, dynamic and is a good role model for children both in the classroom and at break (including lunchtimes).
We can offer:
• Children who are proud of their school and support each other with their learning through excellent behaviour.
• A dedicated and friendly team of colleagues, who are curious about learning, enthusiastic and motivated to provide the most memorable learning experiences.
• A curriculum that focuses upon the whole child through exciting learning opportunities in yoga, mindfulness, forest school, sport and performing arts to ensure every child has the potential to succeed.
• An exceptional learning environment and excellent support from our stakeholders, which includes parents and the wider community.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Visits are warmly welcomed by appointment. For more information, please contact Miss Gregona Samuel on tel: 020 8381 3344 or e-mail: email@example.com to arrange an appointment.
Due to the nature of this role, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. In making your application, it is essential you disclose whether you have any pending charges, convictions, bind-overs or cautions and, if so, for which offences. This post will be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Therefore, applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are ‘spent’ under the provision of the Act, and, in the event of the employment being taken up; any failure to disclose such convictions will result in dismissal or disciplinary action. The fact that a pending charge, conviction, bind-over or caution has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this appointment.
Avanti Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people to AST and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of all our staff.
Closing Date: Midday on Friday 27th March 2020
Application should be by submission of a comprehensive application form. This should be submitted by the closing date above to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential educational requirements
QTS - EYFS
Essential skills and experience
Relevant experience of working within Early Years.
Evidence of recent, relevant and continuing professional development.
Excellent teaching ability, providing a model of best practice.
Having a good personal presence, good communication skills and a sense of humour.
To be able to communicate clearly both orally and in writing with a diverse range of audiences, including children, parents and carers, governors, staff and outside agencies.
Able to relate well to children and be responsive to their needs.
Able to develop and maintain effective relationships with all members of the school community and outside agencies.
To be approachable, accessible and ﬂexible in relation to working with staff, pupils and parents.
To be able to work effectively under pressure, to prioritise appropriately and to meet deadlines.
To be able to understand, interpret and present pupil performance data and ensure that all children make expected progress.
|School type||Academy, Hindu|
|School size||425 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||3 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Krishna Avanti Primary School website (opens in a new window)|
Camrose Avenue, Edgware, Middlesex, HA8 6ES