The Oaklands Primary School, Birmingham, West Midlands
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £24,373 to £35,971|
The Oaklands Primary School is a 2 form entry Primary school in Acock’s Green Birmingham. Ofsted recognises that: “Leaders and the Trust are highly ambitious for the school.” Staff “feel valued and part of a strong team.” There is a “rich and engaging curriculum” in place that “stimulates pupils’ interests and their desire to learn.”
If you would like to be part of our journey to excellence, we would love to hear from you.
As a Unicef Rights Respecting School, we embrace and celebrate the diverse communities that make The Oaklands ‘who we are’. We believe that every child has the right to the highest possible standards in their education so that they are equipped with the skills they need to succeed in life. We are ambitious and aspirational for all our pupils and set high targets. We aim high because we know with the right opportunities, our pupils can do it.
We take great pride in developing a caring, creative and safe environment for our pupils and we are passionate about providing a rich and varied curriculum that inspires curiosity and enquiry.
Whether you're experienced or wishing to gain experience in your NQT year, we want to hear from YOU. The successful candidate will join a highly ambitious team who truly are dedicated in making a real difference to the lives of children at this wonderful school. As part of the Summit Learning Trust, you will have bespoke professional development opportunities regardless of whether you are newly qualified or experienced.
Applicants for the post should have up-to-date knowledge and experience across at least one key stage. The successful candidates will uniquely, have:
• the opportunity to share planning
• access to high quality CPD (and NQT support)
• the opportunity to work within a trust
• to work in a good school
• get support from a strong and dynamic leadership team
• options to move and work in other trust schools
We want to hear from you if you:
• are focused on helping children of all backgrounds and abilities achieve high levels of progress in a happy and effective learning environment
• are a graduate with qualified teacher status (primary) who has completed / wishes to complete their induction
• can demonstrate a thorough recent knowledge of the new National Curriculum/EYFS curriculum
• are committed to differentiation and SEND inclusive practice
• can effectively monitor, assess, record and report on pupils’ progress
• are self-motivated and can work effectively
• have good interpersonal skills and works well in teams
• possesses secure IT skills
• are able to contribute to the development of extra curriculum opportunities
About the Trust
The Summit Learning Trust comprises of three secondary schools, four primary schools and a Sixth Form College. The Trust’s commitment to excellence is recognised nationally and internationally
Why work for us?
The Trust offers:
• High quality training and support
• Opportunities to work across a number of schools
• Employee assistance programme
• Employee discount schemes
Essential educational requirements
Degree in relevant subject
QTS or pending
Essential skills and experience
Teaching experience or traineeMore on how to apply
|School size||440 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||3 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||The Oaklands Primary School website (opens in a new window)|
About The Oaklands Primary School
“Strength through Diversity”
"Ambition through Challenge"
"Excellence Through Curiosity".
Here at The Oaklands Primary School, we have embedded the Trust motto into our ethos of the school. It drives who we are as a school and the kind of learners we want to nurture.
“Mighty Oaks from Little Acorns Grow”
Strength through Diversity
The Oaklands Primary School is a 2 form entry Primary school in Acock’s Green Birmingham. As a Unicef Rights Respecting School, we embrace and celebrate the diverse communities that make The Oaklands ‘who we are’. We are proud of our roots- many of our children are local to the school but we do have some families who travel from further afield.
Ambition through Challenge
We believe that here at The Oaklands, every child has the right to the highest possible standards in their education so that they are equipped with the skills they need to succeed in life. We are ambitious and aspirational for all our pupils and set high targets. We aim high because we know with the right opportunities, our children can do it.
Excellence through Curiosity
We take great pride in developing a caring, creative and safe environment for our pupils and we are passionate about providing a rich and varied curriculum that inspires curiosity and enquiry. We also place a high priority on The Arts including music, dance, art, drama and film through our lessons and extra-curricular opportunities.
Dolphin Lane, Birmingham, West Midlands, B27 7BT