- Job role
- Teaching assistant
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Key stages
- Early years, KS1
- Working pattern
- Part time
- Contract type
- £20,903 - £22,183p/a pro-rata
EYFS / KS1 Teaching Assistant
To work 30 Hours per week across 5 days, term time only
Grade F £10.83p/h to £11.50per hour dependant on experience (£20,903 - £22,183p/a pro-rata)
(8.45am/9am to 3.30pm/3.45pm and 45mins lunch break)
We are looking for applicants who have experience working with children and the EYFS Framework, who would be able to take action to support Silverwood School to achieve and maintain a minimum good Ofsted rating and to ensure children are kept safe and that you understand when to follow child protection procedures.
We are also looking for;
• a confident applicant who is keen to learn to use our on-line journey system
• a key person to a small group of children, liaising closely and building an effective relationship with parents/carers ensuring each child’s needs are recognised and met
• assist with the planning of the curriculum using the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) for guidance
We can offer;
• Enthusiastic pupils who enjoy learning.
• A friendly and supportive school community
• An inclusive and caring ethos.
• Good professional development opportunities.
• The opportunity to be part of our successful journey.
If you think you tick all of the above, we would like to hear from you!
Applying for the job
Please visit our website for full details and an application pack
Alternatively, please email HR@silverwood.sch.wilts.uk
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Special school, ages 4 to 19
- Education phase
- School size
- 366 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 19
About Silverwood School
Silverwood School is a new maintained co-educational special school for pupils aged 4 to 19 years. We formed in September of 2020 with campuses in Chippenham, Trowbridge and Rowde.
We have an ambitious vision to create a truly integrated and inclusive system of outstanding education for all young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) in Wiltshire. Wiltshire are investing in a £33 million new build at one site to create state of the art centre for SEND education, health, and care and training focusing predominantly on pupils with complex SEND.
Our inclusive system of excellence will seek to re-balance and improve educational provision for all children and young people with SEND, including those currently in mainstream schools and resource bases or in other alternative provision. Offering local, community based SEND provision across a wide area from its new inception. It will also deliver high quality training and expertise to a wide range of SEND settings across the county.
Arranging a visit to Silverwood School
Visits to the school are encouraged and warmly welcomed by prior arrangement