This job expired on 9 February 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
3 April 2023
9 February 2023 at 11:59pm
26 January 2023
- Early years
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours
- Fixed term - 2 years
- Grade L1-4
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are looking for a good and outstanding classroom practitioner within the Early Years who may already have some leadership experience within their setting, or someone who is ready to take the next step in their career. You will be someone who is highly driven and motivated, has an eye for detail, and can work flexible and creatively.
The successful candidate will have:
- The motivation to achieve the very best for the children in our care and be relentless in the pursuit of excellence
- Excellent inter-personal and leadership skills as well as the ability to inspire and challenge colleagues
- Proven experience as an effective good and outstanding classroom teacher
- Experience of working with children of different ages within the Early Years
- Have the ability to lead aspects of school improvement and ensure that all children are given opportunities to excel
- Excellent communication skills and a good sense of humour
Please view the full Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for this role.
What the school offers its staff
About us and the role
Are you an outstanding Early Years Practitioner?
Do you want to take the next step in your career and move into a leadership position?
Have you got drive and vision to set up an Early Years phase from scratch?
If so, we would love to hear from you. At Avanti Brook Primary School we are looking for a Phase Leader for Early Years who will oversee all aspects of the Early Years phase, including a brand-new nursery provision.
The school will initially have an intake of 30 Reception children, and a maximum of 26 Nursery children in September 2023. It will then grow year-on-year until it reaches full capacity as a two-form entry school.
The Executive Principal is looking to appoint permanent staff to open Avanti Brook with and join them in being part of the unique opportunity to build and grow the school from its infancy. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to set up the school’s Early Years from the start; it will take vision, dedication and hard-work, and being part of that exciting and rare journey will be very rewarding to see the school take shape over the next few years.
To see more information about the school, please visit our website.
Why should you apply
You will be working in a fantastic environment.
Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
Further details about the role
What will you do?
- Develop, plan and lead Nursery & Reception Provision at Avanti Brook Primary School
- Plan and oversee the EYFS Curriculum for both Nursery and Reception classes
- To maintain overall responsibility for the pastoral care of pupils in EYFS
- Support the Executive Principal to manage the day-to-day organisation of the school
- Deputise in the absence of the Executive Principal
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please view the full Job Description
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Avanti Meadows Primary School
- School type
- Free School, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 59 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Avanti Meadows Primary School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Avanti Meadows Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Church Langley Community Primary School
Church Langley Way, Harlow, Essex, CM17 9TH
Keys Meadow Primary School
84 Tysoe Avenue, Enfield, Middlesex, EN3 6FB
Freezywater St George's CofE VA Primary School
Hertford Road, Enfield, EN3 6NR
Full time KS1 teacher – suitable for ECTs
Manorside Primary School
Squires Lane, London, N3 2AB
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed