The Holme Church of England Primary School, Headley, Hampshire, GU35 8PQ
This job expired on 11 October 2021
Expected start date
4 January 2022
11 October 2021 at 12:00pm
27 September 2021
MPS/UPS + TLR
Are you an experienced Early Years teacher looking for a new challenge and potential future leadership opportunities?
Here at The Holme C of E Primary School we are seeking to appoint a talented, enthusiastic and highly motivated full-time practitioner to teach our reception class and lead our EYFS team.
We wish to appoint a candidate for the role who is community focused and committed to making a difference.
The successful candidate will have:
• A proven track record of successful teaching in Reception/KS1
• A passion for Early Years teaching
• Up to date knowledge of the EYFS framework
• Expertise in assessment and planning
• Ability to analyse, monitor and evaluate practice and use your knowledge to plan improvements
• Excellent communication skills
• Self-motivation and good organisational skills
• Tenacity and determination to meet the needs of all learners
Our children ask that you:-
• Are kind, caring and have a sense of fun
• Can inspire and challenge them in their learning and thinking
• Have high personal expectations with a commitment to always raising standards in our school.
We can offer you:
• The opportunity to be part of a talented, friendly and dedicated staff team.
• The warmth of a village school, situated in large grounds with its own woodland.
• Opportunities to receive excellent support from both the senior leadership and The Good Shepherd Trust.
• High quality, ongoing professional development.
• Well-behaved, enthusiastic, motivated, wonderful children, who demonstrate excellent learning behaviours.
The Good Shepherd Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We ensure that all our employment practices reflect this commitment.
See Trust Pay Policy for more details: https://www.goodshepherdtrust.org.uk/903/working-for-us
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
The Holme is an ‘ever growing’ school in the heart of the local community. We are an approachable, supportive and inclusive school and we are very proud to provide a happy, positive environment where children have the aspiration and self-belief to achieve their goals, whatever they may be.
The Holme is an academy in the Good Shepherd Trust, a visionary Trust, which together with our school leadership team; enable us to give our children the very best possible primary school experience.
We know that every child has the capacity for success and we have tailored a bespoke curriculum to enable our children to learn about the world around them, trying a wide variety of experiences and discovering and succeeding in their own talents and passions. Our topic/enquiry based curriculum is further enhanced by a range of both visits and visitors and wider opportunities such as after school clubs, residential experiences and participation in local and national events, such as ‘Young Voices’.
The school is fortunate to benefit from superb facilities, including a mini-bus and extensive grounds, with a large, purpose built Forest School area that is integral to the school’s curriculum. There are also strong links with the local church.
There is an onsite pre-school called ‘Little Badgers,’ with whom the school have a good relationship. This partnership successfully supports the transition of families into their Reception year, alongside a programme of home visits and ‘stay and play’ sessions.
Friends of The Holme (FR OTH) are an active body within the school community and have continued to seek innovate ways to support the school during recent lockdown periods.
Arranging a visit to The Holme Church of England Primary School
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
Please contact our Headteacher, Sarah Stevenson, on 01428 714409 or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a convenient time to discuss the role or arrange a visit.