MPS - UPS + TLR2a (£2873)
EYFS Leader - Whitkirk Primary School, Leeds
Start date: September 2021
Salary: (MPS/UPS) plus TLR2a (£2873)
We are an inclusive and happy school with 370 children and we place caring inclusive relationships at the heart of everything we do. We have a long-standing partnership with John Jamieson SILC who are an active part of the school community. We have an outstanding Ofsted rated independent nursery, Tiny Tots, and an Ofsted outstanding rated independent before and after school childcare provision, WhiKidz Club both on our site.
We are committed to provide our children, families and community with the best educational experience for every child, we have an exciting and engaging curriculum that captures the children’s interests and promotes an enthusiastic and active approach to learning in a safe environment.
We are seeking to recruit a forward thinking and inspirational Early Years Foundations Stage Leader to work with the senior leadership team.
In this role, you will be managing the progression of the EYFS: leading curriculum and pupil developments and sharing creative and inspirational ideas in order to guide staff to outstanding professional practice. Working closely with the school Senior Leadership Team in this role, you will also be expected to contribute to school developments and lead by example.
For this EYFS Leader role, you will be either an innovative, experienced teacher ready for a more senior role, or a current dedicated EYFS Leader who is looking for a new experience and opportunity to raise EYFS standards.
You will have a commitment to continuous improvement of teaching and learning and the achievement of the highest possible academic and social standards. You will have the ability to think strategically, to inspire, challenge and motivate others and show leadership to build upon the school’s vision and purpose in the Early Years provision. You will also set high expectations of yourself and others and be a role model to inspire and motivate staff and children alike.
You should have:
• Proven record of excellent classroom practice in the Early Years Foundation Stage.
• A thorough knowledge and understanding of how children learn in the EYFS and how learning at this stage impacts on their future learning.
• A passion for achieving excellence in the EYFS and a satisfaction in seeing how pupils develop their skills to enable them to be ‘school ready’ by the end of their EYFS journey.
• Secure working knowledge of the EYFS, National Curriculum and their assessment recording and reporting requirements
In return we can offer:
• An opportunity to shape and develop the EYFS at Whitkirk Primary
• Highly rewarding teaching and pastoral relationships with pupils, parents and carers
• An ambitious leadership team and a supportive environment with a dedicated team of colleagues
• A culture of equality, celebration of diversity and a belief in the individuality and unique potential of each child
• A team ethos in school and also through being part of a Trust of 13 schools proactive in working to improve the education for all our children
• Opportunities for further self-development in our forward-thinking Trust and the Red Kite Teaching School Alliance.
We welcome you to contact us so that we can discuss the role with you and arrange a visit. We will aim to give you as much information as possible and give you the best understanding of the school whilst staying safe. Please contact the school on 0113 26206203 to find out more or email the school: PotterDS@wps.rklt.co.uk.
To apply, please access our online application form: click here
Closing Date: Friday 9th April 2021 at 3pm.
Interviews will be planned for week commencing 19th April 2021.
Red Kite Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.
Access to wide range of benefits via RKLT
Applying for the job
Please complete our online application form.More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.