- Early years
EYFS Teacher and Phase Lead + TLR 2a. job summary
Are you a passionate, talented and dynamic EYFS practitioner, with high expectations? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to take the next step in your career? Then Snape wood is the school for you!
Snape Wood Primary School is a small school that makes a big difference. We are a school that celebrates 'Excellence for All' within a happy, safe, and stimulating learning environment. It is underpinned by a 'positive, supportive and nurturing atmosphere - a vision that we strongly believe in. Our ethos is underpinned by our shared Snape wood PRIDE values: Positive Attitude, Respect, Inquisitive, Determination and Empathy.
Governors at Snape Wood Primary School are looking to appoint talented and passionate teacher or teachers, to join our good school (Ofsted 2018). They are seeking to appoint an excellent practitioner to the role of EYFS lead from September 2022.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dedicated, passionate and ambitious individual who is looking to take the next step into leadership and join the Snape Wood team. It is an exciting opportunity to develop as a leader as well as make a significant impact on the children and staff at Snape Wood.
We are seeking an EYFS practitioner with a proven track record of successfully providing education for the whole child and who is enthusiastic in their determination to drive the whole EYFS unit and provision forward, building on the progress already made whilst offering exciting and innovative new approaches and strategies to ensure our children all have the very best start to their education. The successful candidate will be at the heart of our EYFS team, taking key role in the continued development of provision and practice across the key stage.
The role will include a teaching commitment within the EYFS Phase Unit with protected leadership time and the successful candidate will also form part Senior Management Team
Our new EYFS Lead will:
• Undertake a class-based role (initially F2), with non-contact time provided to allow leadership responsibilities to be fulfilled, in addition to PPA.
• Be part of the Senior Leadership Team - participating in the strategic leadership and management of the school.
• Be a Phase Leader responsible for the quality of teaching and learning across the phase they lead.
• Be a collaborative and inspirational leader, with a strong ability to motivate and empower staff and children to achieve their full potential.
• Care passionately about children and their development whilst still driving forward pupil progress and achievement.
• Committed to ensuring that pupils at Snape Wood Primary achieve their potential; socially, emotionally and academically.
• Have a commitment to inclusive education and a genuine desire to work co-operatively with parents, key school staff and other professionals
• Have the ability to lead on further improving teaching and learning and developing the wider curriculum, including a core subject.
• Able to work collaboratively with pupils, parents, staff and Governors.
• have the highest expectations of themselves and the children they teach; enabling them to motivate and inspire children with a creative approach to teaching
• have the ability to promote the school’s vision to ensure our children receive the best education possible
• Is creative, talented and inspirational and in their approach to teaching and delivering the curriculum
• Excellent classroom and behaviour management skills
• Is flexible and understands how to use a range of teaching strategies to impact on every pupil
• Enjoys being a member of a team, has a sense of humour, and works hard to raise standards of teaching and learning
• The ability to adapt to different situations and be flexible, according to the needs of the school
• An ability to cope with the day to day challenges of being a teacher and resilience when working under pressure
We can offer you:
• a positive working environment where everyone is valued
• a fantastic teaching team
• children who have a thirst for learning and take PRIDE in all that they do.
• an environment where good behaviour and good manners are a priority
• a supportive Governing Body and Senior Leadership team
• an ethos of mutual respect where we listen to and value all contributions
• high quality continuing professional development – based on your specific needs and requirements
• a commitment to work life balance and dedicated non-contact/PPA time
These are just a few of the things Snape Wood Primary has to offer and a visit to the school is warmly encouraged in order to see and hear further about this wonderful opportunity. Contact Alison Howarth (SBM) at school, to make am appointment. Visits to the school is highly recommended. Please contact the school office to arrange a visit – we welcome visits anytime of the day.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.