EYFS Teaching Post (1.0 - full time for Maternity Cover)
Hours of work: 1.0 FTE Full time
Contract type: Maternity cover
Closing date (and time): Friday 17th January (Midnight)
Interview date: Week commencing 20th January
Commencement date: Monday 20th April 2019
Malmesbury C of E Primary School is a large vibrant two-form entry primary school, rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted in September 2012 and SIAMS in 2018, which converted to an academy on 1st June 2013. We have a friendly and dynamic team of staff who are dedicated to making learning challenging, exciting, infectious and fun.
We are seeking an outstanding teacher to provide full time maternity cover for a EYFS class. This is a temporary contract which will end when the substantive teacher’s maternity leave ends. We want to appoint an energetic, enthusiastic, dedicated and forward thinking individual who will establish a great rapport with learners and enjoy working in our large, vibrant school. Our staff team share a vision of ‘Growing together in wisdom and love; discovering life in all its fullness’ and our eager, inquisitive pupils relish a challenge. Our school has a great reputation for developing creativity, ICT in the curriculum and sport.
Malmsbury C of E Primary School has a long standing culture of nurturing and developing talent and our staff and governors are committed to professional development for all. In addition a team of skilled and effective teaching assistants supports all classes.
The successful candidate will:
• Be able to demonstrate excellent knowledge of the EYFS curriculum, understanding and planning for vibrant provision using our extensive outside learning facilities.
• Have outstanding communication skills with all members of the school and wider school community.
• Be a good listener and value the contributions of working with a wider team and experienced support staff.
• Support, direct and facilitate others to achieve the highest standards in a consistent and sustainable environment (Indoor and outdoor provision and continuous provision).
• Support and encourage parents in home learning.
• Support our values of love, respect, kindness, courage, creativity and independence and be sympathetic to our Christian foundation.
Essential educational requirements
PGCE or Bed with QTS
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Experience of effective EYFS teaching
About Malmesbury Church of England Primary School
- Tetbury Hill, Malmesbury, Wiltshire, SN16 9JR
- Malmesbury Church of England Primary School website (opens in a new window)