What is Woodlands is looking for?
- An experienced and exceptional science teacher with
proven track record of improving outcomes for students
- A passion for science and dedication to drive the
delivery of high-quality teaching and learning across the department to secure
high-quality outcomes for all students.
- A capacity for hard work and resilience and a
belief that this is at the core of success.
- Ability to monitor, support, motivate and hold
staff to account.
What can Woodlands offer?
- Opportunity to make a difference as a Faculty
Leader to the life choices of our students in a stimulating, challenging and
friendly place to work.
- To lead a collaborative and forward-thinking Science
- Extensive opportunities for professional development
with educational research at its centre, comprehensive induction and continued
professional development with an offer of a tailored national professional
- Support from experienced and collaborative middle
leaders across the college.
- Whole school support and strategies to maintain
The Science department is extremely well
resourced with a dedicated team of seven teachers supported by three
technicians. In recent years, the department has shown significant improvements
in curriculum design, effective and purposeful assessment and quality of
teaching and learning - all contributing to an improvement of student outcome
and an increase in numbers of students moving on to study the sciences at FE.
We offer a full range of qualifications across KS4 including entry level,
Combined Science Trilogy and Separate sciences. The department is highly
collaborative, supportive and has established strong working relationships with
a range of professional bodies.
This job post has expired.