- Good basic education with competency in literacy and numeracy.
- Willingness to undertake further training.
- Driving licence and car.
Experience and attainments
- Previous experience of working with children and families in the public, private or voluntary
sector or working in a similar role.
- Some experience of working with external agencies, particularly Social Services, this should
be as recent as possible.
Skills and abilities
- Excellent communication, listening and observational skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information and material.
- Excellent organisational abilities and accurate record keeping skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to facilitate groups and multi-agency meetings.
- Previous experience with inter-agency working – Health / Social Services etc.
- Ability to summarise and prioritise lots of different information
- Sound knowledge and understanding of child growth and development.
- Knowledge of the parenting needs of children.
- Good knowledge of Child Protection issues trained to the same level as Designated
- Knowledge of special educational needs.
Why work at Strood Academy?
- Our recent OFSTED inspection has confirmed that the academy continues to be judged ‘Good’ and is very strong in many aspects and areas. The full report can be found on our website and I would like to share a quote which reflects the culture and ambition we all have for our students.
‘The principal advocates a culture of high expectations, aspirations and traditional values. Leaders’ high expectations are reflected in the ambitious International Baccalaureate curriculum. This provides a global perspective which encourages pupils to be inquisitive lifelong learners’. To read the full report pleaseclick here.
- Centralised behaviour system and detentions - simple for teachers to follow allowing disruptive free classrooms.
- Our commitment to the development of all staff - CPD on Wednesday afternoons and the opportunity to collaborate with staff from other schools in the LAT. Also all staff at Strood receive regular coaching feedback through our on-line platform on-track.
- Strood academy is easily accessible by A2 and the high speed train can allow for travel into London in less than 30 minutes.
- We have a common sense approach to workload. All teachers are expected to feedback or live mark. We also work closely as a Trust allowing for centralised resources to be shared across our secondary schools.
This job post has expired.