- Job role
- Education support
- Working pattern
- Term time
36 hours per week
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Until 31 December 2022)
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- £24,693 - £26,520
- Actual salary
- £21,113 – £22,675
The Limes College (Pupil Referral Unit) in Sutton require a Family Outreach Worker to start as soon as possible
Fixed Term contract until 31 December 2022
Salary: Scale NJC 5 (£24,693 - £26,520)
Actual: £21,113 – £22,675
36 hours per week, term time plus five INSET days
We are seeking to appoint a Family Outreach Worker to join our multi-agency team, motivating young people who are at risk of exclusion, have been excluded or are out of school on a temporary basis for a variety of reasons.
This post will be supporting families and young people with complex and multiple needs so that they are more able to access the curriculum. It may involve planning and delivering individual and small group work activities for students.
You will have:
• Minimum of GCSE Maths and English at grades A – C or equivalent;
• Experience and/or qualifications of working with pupils with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties;
• The ability to motivate and support vulnerable young people;
• Good communication skills, with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with staff, students, parents/carers and other professionals;
• A can-do attitude.
• An organisation with a clear moral purpose to change young people’s lives;
• Excellent professional development opportunities;
• Strong community spirit;
• Staff who are supportive towards each other;
• Pension scheme;
• Term-time hours;
• Free access to the employee assistance programme;
• A curriculum where personalised learning is at the heart.
The Limes College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Further information about The Limes College is available on our website.
Closing date: Wednesday, 26 January 2022
Interviews: Week Commencing Monday, 31 January 2022
Applying for the job
Please apply via EteachMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 5 to 16
- Education phase
- School size
- 70 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 5 to 16
About The Limes College
The Limes College is a Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) which offers alternative education provision outside of a traditional schooling environment to key stages 1 to 4; it accepts students from mainstream schools in Sutton with educational and behavioural needs. The current roll of around 150 students consists of those who have been permanently excluded or those at risk of exclusion. Many students are with us for only a short time while some will remain on roll for their entire GCSE courses. In the last academic year, we worked with 210 students.
Arranging a visit to The Limes College
Visits are welcome by arrangement, please contact the school office on 020 8652 1150.