Family Support Worker
15 days remaining to apply
Start date details
12 June 2023 at 9am
25 May 2023
- View all Part timejobs - 20 hours, 39 weeks per year
Full-time equivalent salary
- Grade 5 (SCP 16-20) £21,968 - £23,194
What skills and experience we're looking for
Are you passionate about enabling every child and their family achieving their very best by overcoming barriers?
To support the growth of our school we are looking to recruit a Family Support Worker. The Family Support Worker's primary role will be to offer help to students and their families with any difficulties that they may be facing. The Family support worker will need to be aligned with the safeguarding team and be able to effectively communicate with them to provide the best and safest outcomes for all learners.
As the family support worker, you will need to be able to quickly build up positive relationships with pupils and their guardians as well as form strong bonds with local organisations and educational settings.
Relevant experience of working in a pastoral support role or with families is essential, however this may have come outside of an educational setting.
Streethay Primary School is a growing school at the heart of a new community in Lichfield. The school has been built as part of a large residential development and opened in September 2019. We are a small team with big ambitions; aiming to provide the best education locally and be known for our innovative approach. We are an inclusive and welcoming community aiming to nurture, inspire and prepare our children.
What the school offers its staff
The Shaw Education Trust offer the following benefits with your Teaching or Support Staff employment:
- An excellent Local Government Pension Scheme (Support Staff) / Teachers Pension (Teaching Staff)
- Support Staff only based on working full time, all year - Generous holiday entitlement from your first day of employment (36 days holiday rising to 38 days after 5 years’ service including Bank Holidays)
- Access to health and wellbeing support via Occupational Health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to our Institute of Education and fantastic opportunities to help you grow, contribute and flourish in your role and in the Trust.
Colleagues within the Trust benefit from:
Access to a full range of courses both in-house and professionally accredited. These courses include all of the National Professional Qualifications – NPQH, NPQSL, NPQML.
- High quality subject and thematic networks across the Trust and the region.
- Experienced leadership and subject-specific support.
- Guidance from former HMIs and serving Ofsted Inspectors within the Trust.
- Access to the Trust’s Teaching School, Research School, Institute of Education and SCITT.
- Opportunities to work with different schools within the Trust as a Professional Advocate.
- Participating in peer reviews.
- Access to a suite of online courses.
- Placement projects within our family of schools.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Streethay Primary School
- School type
- Free School, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 105 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Streethay Primary School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
A new free school in Lichfield which opened in September 2019 for Nursery, Reception and Years 1 and 2, with the aim of growing year-on-year up to Year 6. As part of the Shaw Education Trust family, Streethay benefits from tried-and-tested ways of working, experience and expertise further enabling this new all-ability school to value diversity, innovation and excellence. For more information or to register a place for your child, please visit the school website.
Similar jobs nearby
Heathfield Primary School
Heathfield Road, Birmingham, West Midlands, B19 1HJ
The Olive School, Small Heath
Waverley Road, Birmingham, B10 0EG
Birchfield Primary School
Trinity Road, Birmingham, B6 6AJ
Sidney Stringer Primary Academy
Bath Street, Coventry, West Midlands, CV1 5GU
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed