35 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.00pm term time only. (39 weeks). Grade D – Step 1 FTE £25,628, Actual Annual Salary £20,791.80
We are seeking to appoint an experienced and confident person to support and work with our families, assisting in maintaining students' attendance, engagement and support the Safeguarding processes across the school.
Deer Park School is a new seven-form entry secondary school, which opened in September 2021 initially with four forms of Year 7 and growing to full capacity of seven forms of entry over the next seven years.
We are looking for someone who:
- Can work as part of a growing pastoral team in improving the outcomes for students though high levels of attendance and engagement in their learning.
- Has experience of working with external agencies to ensure all students have full access to educational opportunities and are able to overcome barriers to learning.
- Has the professional skills and knowledge to develop effective relationships with parents, students and other professional colleagues.
- Can assist in the development and delivery of educational support packages with students and their families, including Alternative Provision.
- Can work with families in challenging circumstances.
- To identify and act accordingly where appropriate with Safeguarding concerns as a Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead. (Training will be provided.)
Deer Park School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
Benefits of working for our trust include:
- Free on-site car park
- Good transport links
- Staff membership rates to our modern Leisure Centre at Wildern School
- Friendly and sociable colleagues
- Enrolment in one of the UK’s Largest public sector pension schemes
- A tax efficient Cycle-to-Work scheme through salary sacrifice
If you currently work in a school, please ensure one of your references is from your current Headteacher. Please submit your application as soon as possible as we may invite candidates to interview before the closing date. Closing Date: Midday Wednesday 31st January 2024.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date if we receive applications that meet the criteria. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Wildern Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.