This job expired on 20 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
17 April 2023
20 March 2023 at 9am
28 February 2023
- View all Full timejobs - 35hrs per week - 08.00-16.00 - Term time only
Full-time equivalent salary
- TPA 15 / NJC 15 – 20 / £29,214 - £31,731pa FTE (OLW)
What skills and experience we're looking for
The Headteacher and her senior leadership team are looking to recruit a family worker who will be responsible for providing constructive support to vulnerable families. The aim is to increase engagement with these families and thereby reduce barriers to learning and increase participation in school life of their children. The start date of the 17th April allows the potential of a two-week handover process with the current family worker to enable a smooth transition.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting other agencies and families in improving attendance of identified children.
- Ensuring that parent-school relationships are as strong as possible – enabling at risk pupils and their families to quickly receive all necessary support if required.
- Working in partnership with the inclusion team and senior leaders to manage and keep records of complex and confidential case studies and procedures.
- Supporting a clear and soundly based educational vision, ethos and direction that promote and support pupils’ learning and their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
- Acting as a point of contact for families in need of support; actively promoting support provided by the school and local agencies.
- Facilitating family support sessions and other activities.
- Providing support for vulnerable pupils at lunch time
What the school offers its staff
What we offer you:
- A friendly, dedicated staff team who believe in teamwork and building positive relationships across the school, the Trust and in the local community.
- High quality development programme with induction programmes for all new staff.
- Excellent CPD opportunities, including outstanding ECT development and middle leadership training
- Annual conferences with keynote speakers.
- Access to professional coaching.
- A supportive and collaborative working ethos, including support from the Trust’s Central Executive Team and a range of experts, such as specialists in pupil welfare, SEND and behaviour.
- Termly year group and subject leader forums to increase collaboration and reduce workload.
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme including free counselling.
- Access to discounted wrap around childcare for staff.
- Free academy-wide social events throughout the year.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Red Hill Primary School
- School type
- Academy, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 698 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Red Hill Primary School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0208 467 6933
Red Hill Primary School is a 3 and a half form entry school within The Pioneer Academy. Our motto is ‘Building Bright Futures’. This is in line with our aim of giving our children the skills and experiences to help them become creative, intelligent, resilient, happy and resourceful members of our community. We are a Ofsted rated Good school with Outstanding features. Red Hill Primary School is part of The Pioneer Academy Trust which is an academy trust with schools across London and the South East. At The Pioneer Academy, we put children first, pioneering excellence and championing each and every child. All our schools, ranging from small infant schools to large primary schools, work collaboratively, sharing resources and expertise.
Arranging a visit to Red Hill Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Senior Learning Support Assistant
The Gateway Primary Free School
Marshfoot Road, Grays, Essex, RM16 4LU
Speech & Language Therapist - Full Time
49 Bow Road, London, E3 2AD
Learning Behaviour Mentor (Full time)
Greenwood Primary School
Wood End Way, Northolt, UB5 4QG
Speech & Language Therapist - Fixed Term 1 Year
49 Bow Road, London, E3 2AD
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Kent and Medway