This job expired on 23 March 2023
Start date details
As soon as possible
23 March 2023 at 9am
23 February 2023
- View all Full timejobs - 37 hours per week
- Fixed term - 15 month apprenticeship
Full-time equivalent salary
- £10,187 per annum, rising to £20,258 on successful completion of probation
What skills and experience we're looking for
Sapientia Education Trust is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic Finance Apprentice to join our busy Finance department. This is an exciting opportunity to gain valuable experience whilst also studying. The successful candidate will be interested in pursuing a career in Finance and being part of our growing team.
The professional competencies expected of a Finance Apprentice are:
- Be interested in developing a career in Finance and undertake the AAT Assistant Accountant Diploma (Level 3);
- Be a flexible and enthusiastic team player;
- Be adaptable and resilient in managing and executing their daily responsibilities;
- Have good communication skills in person and in writing to respond to staff, students and outside agencies;
- Be organised and able to manage, plan and complete daily and weekly tasks in a busy office environment;
- Be familiar with the use of, or prepared to learn how to use, a variety of ICT Systems; and
- Be able to maintain confidentiality and committed to providing the best possible service to the staff, governors, students and parents.
The qualifications and previous experience required for a Finance Apprentice:
- Five GCSE’s (grade 9-4 / A*-C) including Maths and English.
- A-levels in Maths, Business, Accountancy or Economics would be desirable.
- The post-holder must be prepared to work towards an AAT Assistant Accountant Diploma (Level 3).
What the school offers its staff
This is a 15-month developmental role that includes course fees, paid study leave and the opportunity to apply your learning in your day to day work. The post-holder will be expected to complete the AAT Assistant Accountant Diploma (Level 3) administered and delivered by First Intuition.
SET staff enjoy a number of non-contractual benefits, including free refreshments, midday meals during term-time, access to discounts through the Trust’s benefits package, free on-site parking and professional membership fees paid.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Sapientia Education Trust
- Multi-academy trust
- Email address
Head office location
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed