- Job role
- Education support
- Working pattern
- Full time
Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm
- Contract type
- £22,000 - £26,000
Reports to: Finance Manager
Location: Ark Globe Academy
Pattern: Full Time
Salary: £22,000 – £26,000
About the role:
This is a school-based position located in an Ark secondary academy in Southwark. You will work closely with (and report to) the Finance Manager and will also work with the Principal and Operations Director at the school.
As Finance Assistant, you will be an integral part of the school, responsible for ensuring high standards of financial integrity. You will manage the day to day financial processes and administrative procedures required of the academy, ensuring compliance with the requirements of the Academies Financial Handbook.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Maintain financial records and filing systems, ensuring they are ready for audit
• Process authorised purchase orders, receive delivered goods and prepare invoices for payment
• Manage the receiving, recording and safekeeping of all cash income
• Make sure that invoices for services are raised promptly and receipt of income monitored
• Take responsibility to order and maintain school supplies and liaise with the relevant staff to ensure supplies are stored and distributed
• Assist with the reconciliation of schools bank accounts, credit card statements and financial ledgers
• Assist with the administration of cashless system used in the School
• Work closely with the Finance Manager and Operations Director to ensure the continuing financial stability of the school, supporting in driving forward finance change and initiatives which promote regularity, propriety, value for money and best standards
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Experience of running effective administrative and financial systems, ideally within a school environment
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially excel, PSF financials desirable
• Experience using financial databases and confidence and interest in learning new technologies
• Deep commitment to Ark’s mission of providing an excellent education to all every student, regardless of background
• Works productively in a high pressure environment
• Right to work in the UK
• English and Maths GCSE grade A-C, or equivalent
• 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising with each year of service
• We are committed to providing high-quality professional learning throughout your career with us and offer a variety of training sessions and experiences designed to meet your needs
• Access to Ark Rewards scheme offering savings from over 3,000 major retailers, interest-free loans available for season tickets or a bicycle and gym discounts offering up to 40% off your local gym
Ark is an international charity, transforming lives through education. We exist to give every young person, regardless of their background, a great education and real choices in life. In the UK, we are a network of 38 schools, educating around 28,500 pupils in areas where we can make the biggest difference. We also incubate start-up programmes (Ark Ventures) that improve the education system.
How to Apply:
Apply with a CV and cover letter on our online recruitment portal. Applications to be submitted by 10am on 15 October 2021 but please note: we will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis and this advert may close earlier than advertised depending on the level of response.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; all successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Ark Schools are committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, with a broad range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
This job post has expired.