To contribute to creating and
maintaining an effective financial administrative support service.
will be deployed at Leeds West Academy, but may be required to work at other
academies within The White Rose Academies Trust as directed by the Trust
Finance Manager. The post-holder will have the opportunity to undertake formal
recognised training such as AAT, CIMA, ACCA or CIPFA.
- Raise and process purchase orders on behalf of the Trust by
processing internal requisitions.
- Match invoices to appropriate purchase orders, code non purchase
order invoices and obtain budget holder authorisations for payment and input
these into the accounting system (PSF).
- Input weekly/monthly journals.
- Contact new/existing suppliers to ensure purchase ledger records
are up to date and accurate.
- Process invoices ready for payment, including coding and obtaining
budget holder authorisations in accordance with White Rose Academies Trust
- Deal with payment enquiries from suppliers and check supplier
statements ensuring invoices are paid on time.
- Scan invoices for input into the PSF purchase ledger.
- To review, the monthly aged debtor, aged creditor and outstanding
commitment reports. Take action, as appropriate regarding any outstanding
- Prepare budget reports and issue these to budget holders.
- Attend budget holder review meetings.
- Manage and action budget holder queries and refer outstanding
queries to the Finance Manager/Business Manager.
- Ensure any income generated is properly recorded and deposited in
the safe in accordance with Trust regulations.
- To complete and process sales invoices.
- To purchase goods/services via the Trust credit card where
applicable ensuring the White Rose Academies Trust procurement policies are
fully adhered to.
- Undertake the administration of financial systems such as uniform sales,
academy meal takings and collection of trip monies using the SQUID system.
- Arrange travel tickets, hotel reservations and transport,
including educational trips and activities.
Leeds West Academy is a school with a remarkable sense of community
and a strong and safe culture, a place where staff and students can
thrive.We were judged as ‘Good’
by Ofsted in May 2019 because teaching is strong, the support we provide for
our students and staff is unrivalled and because our results have improved
year-on-year since 2016. In 2022, our students secured the best results
in the school’s history. In short, there is no better
time to join Leeds West Academy, as a colleague, a leader or as a
Leeds West Academy is a
fabulous place to work. We are a caring and supportive
community, as part of White Rose Academies Trust. We benefit from exceptional
CPD. A broad, varied and highly bespoke package is well-established,
driven by the latest in educational research focused on the development of all
professionals in the organisation at each career stage.
Our academy predominantly
serves the community of Bramley in Leeds. We are oversubscribed and
popular within our community. More families are choosing Leeds West
Academy as first-choice for their children than ever before.
Our students are amazing; they
are generally respectful young people who embrace diversity and have a strong
sense of fairness.
We benefit from world-class
facilities, and are accommodated in a £30 million building, which opened in
late 2011, and have recently completed a £5 million expansion adding additional
specialist and general teaching spaces as well as a larger canteen.Staff
and students at the academy benefit from a bright, modern, heavily resourced
learning environment, which is highly flexible to meet the needs of
the 21st century learner.
White Rose Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all staff and volunteers to share the commitment. Appointments will be subject to Safer Recruitment Procedures and an enhanced DBS check.
Please note this role will involve contact with children and you will be engaging in regulated activity. It is an offence to apply for the role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.
This job post has expired.