About this role:
Ringwood School’s finance team is a small team dedicated to providing timely internal and external financial reporting along with a high standard of operational finance support & guidance for all aspects of the school. The role of the finance assistant is to work efficiently & effectively with budget holders, suppliers and others to carry out the day to day financial functions and maintain strong governance around the school’s funding and expenditure.
The successful applicant will:
- be qualified to at least AAT level or have proven relevant experience
- have good excel skills with the ability to write formulas and use pivot tables to manipulate data quickly
- have strong systems skills and a desire to use technology to its full potential
- have an inquisitive mindset and be encouraging to their team to have a similar attitude . Always striving for continuous improvement.
- have well developed communication skills, be personable and engaging
- pride themselves on reliability, accuracy and take responsibility for their role
- proactive in planning their work and the work of their team
- a well organised approach to their work and share knowledge willingly. Ensure there is reliable cover person for your role in case of absence.
- Requisitions and Purchase Ledger
- Grant Income and Sales Ledger
- Credit card management
- Cash book postings
- Bank reconciliation
- Financial tracking & analysis of school's activities
- Supporting the school budget holders in managing their budgets
Some flexibility on hours may be possible for the right person.
Please find our Cultural Fit statement attached for more information on how we work as a team and as a school collaboratively.
This job post has expired.