St Paul's is a friendly and forward thinking school. We are an established primary academy within the growing Good Shepherd Trust and are rated as good in all areas by Ofsted and outstanding in EYFS provision.
In this role you will work closely with the Trust Business Manager to provide effective and efficient financial services to the school. You will also manage the school's daily and monthly HR processes. We are looking for an adaptable, flexible and organised individual able to cope with a busy environment and constantly changing priorities.
What we can offer:
- Part time role, 30 hours per week (term time + 1 extra week and 5 inset days).
- The opportunity to work as part of a supportive, hardworking and friendly team in a successful and dynamic school where staff well-being is foremost.
- Support in continuous professional development which will allow you to enhance and further develop your skills.
- Local Government Pension Scheme.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience of finance processes and procedures.
- Previous experience of working on Sage or other finance packages either in school or business.
- Knowledge of HR processes.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, in particular MS Excel.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- A high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently, use their initiative to resolve issues but also work collaboratively as part of a team.
- GCSE English and Maths at grade 4 or above.
The working hours are from 8am to 3pm Monday to Thursday and 8am to 12pm on Fridays (30 hours per week).
The salary scale for the post is GST pay scale F and the pro-rata salary will be from £20,298 to £23,443 (FTE £27,860 to £32,176) depending on your experience.
Successful applicants must be able to support the distinctive Christian ethos of the school but do not have to be a practising Christian.
If you would like to find out more about this role, please contact Mrs Clare Stirk (Trust Business Manager)
Our website will also give you more information about our school and please take the time to read our latest Ofsted report (November 2022).
The closing date for this job is midnight on Sunday 8th Oct but applications will be considered as they are received and the school reserves the right to appoint at any point during the application process. Interviews will be held on Wednesday 11th and Thursday 12th October 2023.
All applications must be made using the online application form - we do not accept CVs as any part of the application process.
Please note we take up references before the interview. It is essential therefore, that all reference details supplied are correct, up to date and include a current email address.
The Good Shepherd Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We ensure that all our employment practices reflect this commitment.
The Good Shepherd Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We ensure that all our recruitment and employment practices reflect this commitment.
The safety and wellbeing of every child in the care of St Paul's School is our absolute priority. We expect all of our staff, pupils, parents, LGC members, Trust directors, visitors, contractors and third-party professionals to share this view. The safeguarding and protection of children is everyone's responsibility.
This job post has expired.