Requirements and prospects
- The Finance & Accounts Officer will be working within a busy and efficient Finance department.
- The role is varied, supporting the operations of the Trust’s accounting function and pro-actively maintaining the highest standards of compliance practice and business operations.
- This position also requires exceptional finance and administrative skills.
- Have excellent ICT, written and verbal communication skills.
- Have good organisational skills.
- Professional telephone manner.
- Finance experience and knowledge (AAT qualified or equivalent) is essential.
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated, confident and an enthusiastic person who enjoys using their own initiative.
Hours: Minimum 30 hours up to 37 hours per week
Working weeks: Term Time including Inset days + 3 weeks (42.2 working weeks)
(Potentially open to being flexible on working weeks (eg. whole year) too for the right candidate)
Start Date:Newly created position, vacancy immediately available
Salary:Grade 6, SCPs 9-15
Salary range (based on 1.0FTE): £23.2k – £25.9k
(*this is prior to the Support Staff pay award Apr-23, current government proposal is +£1.9k per scale point – so salary range £25.1k – £27.8k based on that being agreed)
(Salary would be pro rata to contract hours and working weeks)
Closing Date:Monday 25th September 2023
Shortlisting Date: Tuesday 26th September 2023
Successful applicants to be informed: Wednesday 27th September 2023
Interview Date:Thursday 28th September 2023
SUAT is pleased to offer employees various benefits, inclusive of (but not limited to):
- A friendly and supportive finance team
- Career progression and further training opportunities including professional qualifications
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement
- Generous Pension
- Hybrid Working to offer a flexible approach to work life balance
- Free Car Parking
- Wellbeing Support
- On Site Catering Facilities
- Trust Laptop
- An opportunity to work for SUAT which has strong links to Staffordshire University.
Please see the job description for further details: https://www.suatrust.co.uk/vacancy/finance-officer/
All application forms and recruitment monitoring forms should be completed and returned to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date. Forms can be found here: https://www.suatrust.co.uk/joining-the-trust/latest-vacancies/
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to LALLEN@SUATRUST.CO.UK
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.