We are looking for a Finance Officer to join our Central Team.
This is a very exciting time to join the Polden Bower & Avalon School Federation, in partnership with The Bridge School, Sedgemoor.
7.5 hours per week, based at Avalon School, Term Time plus four weeks. Working hours are 8.30 – 4.30, starting as soon as possible.
Salary range dependent on relevant experience: Grade 13 £4,466 - £4,856
The role involves working at Avalon School, Street, being responsible for the efficient day-to-day administration of the school budget under the direction of the Executive Finance Officer. This includes accounts payable & accounts receivable functions, petty cash & procurement card control etc. You will also produce regular financial reports for all budget holders, prepare data for in-year and annual returns and process recharges across the Federation and wider school community.
As a member of the Central Team you will be required to attend half-termly meetings and five days of INSET training at Polden Bower School during the academic year.
The role supports the Executive Finance Officer in the financial operation of all the schools within the Partnership.
- - Be motivated, organised and reliable.
- - Have a background of working in finance, with a good standard of practical experience in this area of work.
- - Have experience of working with accounting software, and preferably experience of using SIMS .Net, SIMS FMS and Arbor.
- - Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office 365.
- - Be able to communicate effectively with colleagues, suppliers, families and multi-agencies.
- - Be able to work with a high degree of sensitivity and confidentiality.
- - Be committed to the safeguarding of children and young people.
- - Be committed to your own professional development.
In return we will provide:
- - A skilled and experienced professional team within which to work.
- - A commitment to your professional development.
- - A commitment to high quality induction and performance management.
- - Free Staff Swimming sessions.
- - Free Staff Wellbeing services.
- - Somerset Council My Staff Shop Benefits.
- Free Staff Car Park.
- - Subsidised Bower Café prices.
Please contact Jo Stamford should you need any further information. Enquiries and visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
Closing date: 12:00 Midday Friday 16 February 2024.
Interviews will take place on: Monday 26 February 2024.
Polden Bower School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This appointment will be subject to enhanced DBS disclosure, medical clearance, proof of the right to work in the UK and satisfactory references.
Following the acceptance of your interview, an online check will be carried out as detailed in the latest Keeping Children Safe in Education guidelines
This job post has expired.