- Job role
- Education support
- Working pattern
- Part time
37 hours per week
Monday to Friday
Term time only plus 5 days
- Contract type
- £23,080.00 to £25,481.00
1. To liaise and work with the Trust to undertake relevant administration at the Academy, advising as appropriate to both management and staff of best practice and procedure to be followed.
2. To improve the efficiency of the Academy facilities and communication, advising the Academy Advisory Body (AAB) and Senior Management Team (SLT) as appropriate;
3. To manage the processing of orders, invoices and payment for goods and services, using the Trust’s chosen finance software;
4. To ensure purchase order and/or invoice related queries are dealt with speedily and effectively and are appropriately authorised;
5. To check financial transactions to ensure that correct procedures are adhered to;
6. To assist in ensuring effective procurement practice and ensuring best value principles are met;
7. To obtain quotes for goods and services where necessary and in line with the Trust tender process where applicable;
8. To regularly review service level agreements (SLAs) and contracts to ensure best value and value for money;
9. To ensure all orders are delivered in the agreed timescales, deliveries match with the orders placed and any discrepancies are queried with the supplier in a timely fashion;
10. To update and maintain the asset register for the academy in accordance with the Trust’s financial procedures;
11. To maintain appropriate filing systems to fulfil audit requirements;
12. To manage the daily running of the Petty Cash account, issuing cheques and handling cash;
13. To ensure procedures are followed in collecting, receipting and banking all monies received;
14. To raise sales invoices, in particular for lettings and receipt payments;
15. To be responsible for banking of funds received in the Academy;
16. To process cashbook payments and receipts on the Trust’s chosen financial system;
17. To produce monthly management accounts including bank, purchase ledger and sales ledger reconciliations;
18. To produce monthly variance analysis of actuals to budget;
19. To develop 5 year forecasts using HCSS in conjunction with the central Delta finance team;
20. To ensure all staff in the Academy adhere to financial regulations;
21. To liaise with budget holders in the Academy and provide advice where required;
22. To check monthly payroll reports and report any discrepancies;
23. To complete payroll returns for casual, supply and overtime hours;
24. To prompt SLT with the dates for review of policies, update hard copies and the academy online policy folder;
25. To monitor Academy trips/visits ensuring they are self-funding;
26. To manage Every (an online tool to manage premises, compliance, contracts, procurement and suppliers);
27. To work with the Trust’s Facilities Team on planned maintenance projects and agree a schedule ensuring value for money, including submitting bids for Capital Funding to the Trust;
28. To provide the Academy with a financial review of any recruitment activity and ensure this is completed prior to ELT submission demonstrating financial impact of request on budgets;
29. To be responsible for keeping all employee records up to date including changes to personal details, contract changes, salaries, leaver notifications, etc. and that the central payroll department are informed in a timely fashion;
30. To be responsible for ensuring all employee sickness records are accurate and appropriate paperwork submitted to the central payroll department are informed in a timely fashion;
31. To maintain the Academy’s Single Central Record (SCR) and ensure all relevant pre-employment checks are completed and recorded appropriately for staff
32. To manage contractors working on site, including catering/cleaning where appropriate
33. To manage Academy lettings
34. To report on catering income and expenditure on a monthly basis to ensure breakeven/surplus position;
35. To be responsible for site management, including line management of the Site Supervisor;
36. To oversee the running of the Academy Office, including line management of 2 Office Administrators;
37. To participate in relevant training and development to maintain up to date knowledge/practice;
38. To ensure strict confidentiality in all areas of work;
39. To work and process personal and sensitive information in accordance with Data Protection Act 2018 including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018;
39. To ensure work is conducted in a way that protects the safety and security of information (e.g. strong passwords, reporting breaches, securing paper records, securely disposing of records);
40. To understand and comply with the statutory guidance regarding safeguarding of children, ensuring the safeguarding and promotion of children’s welfare at all times, reporting any concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Officer immediately;
41. To comply with the Trust and Academy’s policies and procedures at all times;
42. To undertake other reasonable duties (with competence and experience) as requested, in accordance with the changing needs of the Trust/Academy.
CONTACTS AND RELATIONSHIPS:
Managers - in daily contact with senior leaders/Head of Academy within the academy
Support Staff – in daily contact with support staff who are involved in finance, cleaning, catering, site supervision and health and safety.
Trust Staff – in regular contact with Trust staff within finance, facilities, and human resources.
External – in regular contact with suppliers, contractors as required.
This post involves considerable direct responsibility for financial resources. The work involves accounting for large sums of money, in the form of cash, cheques, direct debits, invoices, or equivalent, where care, accuracy and security are important. The responsibility may include contributing to the setting and monitoring of the relevant budget and ensuring effective spend of budgeted sums.
This post involves considerable direct responsibility for physical resources. The work involves handling and processing of considerable amounts of manual or computerised information, where care, accuracy, confidentiality and security are important. The work involves ordering or stock control of a range of equipment and supplies including procurement.
Supervision of employees
This post involves direct responsibility for the supervision or management, direction, coordination or training/development of other employees. The work involves supervising, directing and coordinating the work of a group of staff covering more than one area of activity or in more than one workplace, including allocation of work, and evaluation and appraisal of the work carried out.
The post involves working within recognised procedures, within which the post holder is required to organise their own workload. The work involves making decisions as to how and when duties are carried out, and responding independently to unanticipated problems and situations.
The post holder generally has access to the Principal in the Academy and a central Finance Manager for advice and guidance on serious problems.
Tasks or activities are undertaken mainly in a sedentary position and allow for considerable flexibility in movement. There is limited requirements for standing, walking, bending or stretching. There may be an occasional need to lift or carry items.
The post requires general awareness and sensory attention with some prolonged periods of concentrated sensory attention, prolonged periods of enhanced mental attention, lengthy periods of concentrated mental attention and high levels of work related pressures (e.g. deadlines, conflicting demands and interruptions).
This post involves contact with, or work for, people which through their circumstances or behaviour occasionally place emotional demands on the post holder.
This post involves minimal exposure to disagreeable, unpleasant or hazardous environmental working conditions or people related behaviour.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service certificate and checks of the relevant barred list / prohibition lists.
This job post has expired.