The First Federation a Multi Academy Trust of 21 primary schools, is looking to appoint a part-time SEMH Advisory Teacher to start in as soon as possible. This post will be a combination or remote working with travel to schools across Devon, Plymouth and Dorset.
We are looking to appoint an experienced person who can work as part of our data and inclusion teams to support academies and deliver a trust-wide attendance strategy that helps support the achievement of pupils. You will be able to relate well to staff, support the good practice in place and not be afraid to challenge leaders and external partners when necessary.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to motivate and inspire those that they work with, break through the barriers of expectations and harness all opportunities to create an ethos of success and achievement for all.
The post will provide a combination of work with staff and parents/carers of children with social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) needs and the resultant behavioural difficulties, in order to help them overcome the difficulties they are experiencing in their education.
The post holder will:
- contribute to improve outcomes for learners with SEMH needs across our schools
- Contribute to improvements in the universal, targeted and specialist SEMH provision across the Trust
- Contribute to the increased knowledge and understanding of the SEMH needs across the Trust
- Contribute to the review, development and implementation of policies and practice
We recognise that our staff are our most important asset and as well as offering a collaborative, friendly and supportive environment, we offer a range of benefits that include:
- the opportunity to work within a progressive and forward-thinking multi-academy trust.
- access to a free and confidential employee health and wellbeing programme, providing physical and mental health support in areas such as physiotherapy, counselling, menopause, etc.
- a local government pension scheme.
- a tax-free cycle-to-work scheme.
For further details of the responsibilities and requirements of the role, please see the full job description.
The First Federation Trust is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS clearance. All shortlisted applicants will be subject to an online search.
How to apply
Simply click the Apply Now button above and complete your application by midday on December 11th
This job post has expired.