First Impressions Assistant
First Impressions Assistant
Are you a positive, outgoing person?
This is an exciting and challenging role for someone who is customer focused; relishes serving our diverse community; who is polite, positive and a proactive solution focused person; highly organised and committed to communicating effectively whilst embracing the school’s ethos.
Salary: SCP 5 – 6 (£18,795 - £19,171FTE)
(37 hours per week, 39 weeks a year.)
The University of Cambridge Primary School is an to be an outstanding school and as well as this responsibility, we will work closely with partners, including the Faculty of Education and University, to develop initial teacher training and research. The school is the first primary University Training School – expectations are very high.
As such, the Headteacher and Governing Body invite applications from highly motivated and organised individuals with energy and vision to assure excellent first impressions for our school community. As the school’s first point of contact at main reception, you will ensure a high level of customer service embracing the schools value and ethos.
We are looking for a strong candidate who can provide excellent quality in all aspects of front of house and customer service and general office administration. The successful candidate will be highly organised, motivated, and passionate about customer service and with ideally but not essential proven experience at working in a high expectation environment. The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Our school can offer you:
• An opportunity for you to make a real difference in the lives of our young people
• A supportive leadership team to help you thrive
• A welcoming and enthusiastic environment with a talented and dedicated staff team
• Opportunities for further learning to the development of the school
The successful candidate will need to:
• Have a pleasant, bubbly personality, be cheerful and tactful
• Have effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team
• Be adaptable, proactive and flexible – with a good sense of humour and team spirit.
• Be able to adapt the role to a changing educational landscape and to support staff through this.
• Self-starter, works on own initiative, strong organisational skills. Ability to establish priorities and meeting agreed targets and deadlines.
• Professional demeanor and ability to deal with various visitors, staff and governors.
• Experience of using a wide range of office equipment and ICT software.
All staff are employed by the UTS Cambridge Trust not the University of Cambridge.
For further information and to make an application please visit www.universityprimaryschool.org.uk
All completed applications should be returned to the school by email email@example.com.
Please note that the school will be closed from Wednesday 24th July 2019 13:30 and reopens Monday 9th September 2019 therefore are unable to answer any queries and can only receive completed applications electronically.
If you have not heard from us by 25th September, unfortunately on this occasion you have been unsuccessful.
Please note following our Safer Recruitment Policy, we do not accept CVs, all applications must be made using the school’s application form.
Closing date for applications: Friday 6th September 09:00 a.m.
Shortlisting: Tuesday 10th September
Interviews: Wednesday 25th September
Start date: as soon as possible
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We take our Prevent Duty seriously and promote British Values at all times. Equality for all children, staff and volunteers is embedded in our ethos, thus meaning discrimination of disability, race, religious beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity and gender identity is not tolerated. Appointment to this post will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references. Candidates will also need to declare that they are not barred from working with children because of the rules related to barring by association.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
Customer Service skills. Please see our website for a full Person Specification and Job Description.
Local Government pension scheme. LA pay structure. Term Time only 39 weeks per year. Working 32.5 hours for week. Salary quoted is Full time equivalent
About University of Cambridge Primary School
- Eddington Avenue, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB3 0QZ
- Free School
- University of Cambridge Primary School website (opens in a new window)