Food and Nutrition/Hospitality and Catering Subject Lead
Outer London pay scale - £29k - £45k + TLR 2.1
January 2023 start
We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic teacher who is passionate about Food and Nutrition and Hospitality and Catering to join our department and become part of our cohesive, professional and supportive team.
We are a thriving department with two brand-new food rooms, which are well equipped to teach students a range of skills from Key Stage 3 to Key Stage 5.
Our KS3 classes work on a rotation basis with DT and we have classes for 1 ½ terms and then rotate. In KS3, we cover being safe and hygienic, diet and health, world food, sustainability and provenance.
At KS4, we are a popular subject choice and usually have two classes per year group. From Y9 we offer WJEC Hospitality and Catering which is a vocational qualification enabling students to achieve from a level one pass through to a distinction.
Our aim in the Food Technology department is to support our students in becoming independent thinkers who can exercise their creativity. Our curriculum provides students with opportunities to acquire a broad range of subject knowledge and draw on various other disciplines.
Through our schemes of work, we aim to enrich our students’ cultural capital and expose them to how the real world of food and nutrition works around them.
What we can offer you:
- You will be joining a school where staff share best practice so that our standard of teaching and support is both high quality and continually developing
- You will be teaching in your own classroom area with access to specialist facilities and up to date technology
- You will benefit from a programme of training and development
- You will be part of the team with colleagues who are supportive and welcoming
- You will have the opportunity to work with colleagues at our sister school, Cheam High School
- On-site car parking
- A laptop – for ease of working
- Two-week October half term
- Opportunity to work in an award-winning building, bordering Green Belt land.
The successful candidate will be:
- Ambitious for young people and for themselves
- Creative in using new technologies or teaching approaches to help students to learn and progress
- Keen to continually develop their practice, with a collaborative approach
- An enthusiastic teacher who can motivate and challenge students.
You will be required to:
- Inspire and support our students across the three Key Stages
- Use a range of assessment strategies to provide targeted and directed feedback
- Be inspired by reading and researching new pedagogy on learning and teaching
- Be creative and reflective in the planning of lessons and schemes of works
- Have the skills to form excellent working relationships with all individuals
- Develop extra-curricular opportunities for students to explore and enjoy literature.
Our school is situated in Carshalton, 30 minutes from London Victoria by train and a short distance from Sutton, Merton, Croydon and Kingston. The successful candidate will be provided with a laptop.
Further information can be found in the job description and person specification, below
Applications MUST be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org,using the application form(below)
Closing date for applications: Friday, 7 October at midday
We reserve the right to interview and appoint before the closing date, should a suitable candidate apply.
Oaks Park High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. As such, the successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Oaks Park High School is an equal opportunities employer.