We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, committed and organised individual to join us as a Food and Textiles Technician supporting teaching to Advanced Level.
The successful candidate will promote the ethos of the school, with regard to standards of behaviour, dress code, punctuality and attendance and be the initial point of contact for parents of pupils.
We would like from you:
Relevant background or qualifications and ability to be pro-active, inspiring and above all, an effective communicator.
The enthusiasm, energy and determination to make a significant impact on the support of students
We can offer you:
Excellent professional development opportunities as part of a growing family of seven schools – www.seeat.org
Lovely students and expert colleagues in a school that fosters positive relations, good wellbeing, promotes equality and inclusion and celebrates diversity.
VISION AND PURPOSE:
- To help maximise student achievement and progress
- To assist with the wider provision of the school
- To promote positive behaviour from all students
ALL STAFF ARE EXPECTED TO:
- Continue personal professional development as outlined by the school
- Engage actively in the appraisal process and carry out any professional development activities as identified through appraisal
- To proactively seek opportunities to develop professional practice through further training opportunities
- Actively promote and follow the school’s vision, policies and procedures
- Comply with any reasonable request from the Headteacher or other school leader to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description
- Play a full part in the life of the school and support its vision and ethos
- Deploy resources delegated to you in accordance with school policies
The duties of the post as outlined will be subject to appropriate risk assessment, safe systems of work and equipment being available and the relevant competencies of the post holder.
- To give technical assistance and support as required in the maintenance and resourcing of two busy departments
- To provide a key role in ensuring the classrooms are efficiently organised, well resourced according to staff requirements and, in the case of the food environment, kept hygienic and safe in accordance with food safety guidelines
- To assist and support teaching staff in their day to day work, to include important occasions such as Open Evenings and Practical Exams
- To provide cover as needed, supervising whole classes during the short-term absence of teachers and giving instructions for the lesson as provided by a teacher
ORGANISATION AND MAINTENANCE OF THE FOOD ROOM AND PREP ROOM
- Daily maintenance tasks to ensure a safe and hygienic environment
- Setting up and clearing away resources required by staff for lessons, including ingredients and equipment for demonstrations, preparing samples for tasting by students and weighing ingredients for KS4 lessons
- Monitoring and storing specialist equipment effectively
- Ordering equipment and ingredients in accordance with the Head of Department’s requirements
- Monitoring and replenishing consumable materials
- Regular checking of the IT equipment in EG2, liaising with the Science & Engineering Technician, reporting any faults to the Head of Department and IT Technician as required
- Assisting teaching staff with overseeing of pupils in practical lessons
ORGANISATION AND MAINTENANCE OF THETEXTILES WORKSHOP
- Daily maintenance tasks to ensure a safe environment
- Regular checking of small equipment and replenishment of stock
- Preparing resources and prototypes to assist teaching staff as required
- Maintenance and general care of sewing machines
- Monitoring of wet area resources, setting up dyes etc
- Maintaining and storing specialist equipment appropriately
- Ordering small/large equipment as directed by the Head of Department
- Assisting teaching staff with overseeing of pupils in practical tasks when requested
- Regularly checking the IT equipment and CAD/CAM machinery; reporting any faults or problems to the Head of Department and IT technician as required, ensuring that the equipment is ready for pupil use, ie printers filled with paper, etc. Liaising with the Science & Engineering Technician
ADDITIONAL SUPPORT TASKS
- Photocopy resources required for lessons and departmental purposes
- Order and shop for materials required for lessons at the direction of the Head of Department, handling payment requests and recording expenses for the Department
- Assist staff with the annual recording and calculating of data for end of year grades
- Liaise with other technical staff and outside agencies
- Attend relevant Health and Safety meetings as requested
- Support and assist in the general day to day work of the department and to contribute to important occasions such as A Level taster days and Open Evenings, etc, as requested by the Head of Department
- To maintain good order, acting as a role model, setting high standards of conduct and behaviour, dealing promptly with conflict and incidents in line with established policy, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- To keep pupils on task and respond to general queries
- To provide general feedback to teachers
- To be aware of an support difference, ensuring all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- To attend relevant training and take responsibility for own development. Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety Certificate must be kept up to date
- To attend relevant school meetings as required
The duties above are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the postholder may be required bythe Headteacher to carry out theappropriate duties within the context of the job, skills and grade.
For more information and the job description/personspecification for the role please click here electronic information pack.
Westcliff High School for Girls is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of the children. The school complies with the DBS Code of Practice in regard to criminal record information, and will not discriminate unfairly against any applicant on the basis of a conviction or other information revealed. A copy of the school’s safeguarding policies are available on request. All successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. In line with Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022 guidance all shortlisted candidates may be subject to online searches that may include social media. For further information please contact HR@seeat.org
This job post has expired.