A great opportunity has arisen at Polden Bower School for a Grade 12 Forest School Leader and Cover Supervisor to support the teaching team.
Salary is grade 12 £21,256- £24,169 depending on experience (pay award pending)
37 hours per week ,Term time only Plus INSET Days – 39 weeks (there is also an opportunity to lead Forest School sessions during the school holiday periods)
Monday 8.30 am - 5.00 pm
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 8.30 am - 4.30 pm
Friday 8.30 am- 3.30 pm
Polden Bower, is a 220 place special school and has the specialist resources needed to meet the needs of our students. state-of-the-art facilities for all the children and young people, this includes a warm water pool for physiotherapy; a sports hall; a sensory room; and fully accessible classrooms with the latest teaching technology. Polden Bower School is federated with Avalon School in Street and also works in partnership with The Bridge School - a PRU in Sedgemoor. This is a very exciting time to join a growing partnership of schools where there is lot of possibilities for professional development.
The role will include whole class delivery alongside group and 1:1 interventions which link to therapeutic provision, including taking groups off-site and to bring additional strength to our existing Forest School provision. We are looking for a dynamic practitioner who is also interested in developing our provision further, exploring Beach Schools and other outdoor activities and learning opportunities for our children and young people.
- Have patience, flexibility, sense of humour and be resilient
- Have experience of working successfully with young people with SEND
- Be able to communicate effectively with colleagues, young people, families and multi-agencies
- Be able to work with a high degree of sensitivity and confidentiality
- Be committed to the safeguarding of children and young people
- Be committed to your own professional development
In return we will provide:
- A fantastic group of young people who thrive within a supportive environment
- A skilled and experienced professional team within which to work
- A commitment to your professional development
- A commitment to high quality induction and performance management
Enquiries and visits are warmly welcomed, please contact Jo Stamford on 01278 496386 or email us at HR@Poldenbower.org.uk.
Polden Bower School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This appointment will be subject to enhanced DBS disclosure, medical clearance proof of the right to work in the UK and satisfactory references.
Following the acceptance of your interview, an online check will be carried out as detailed in the latest Keeping Children Safe in Education guidelines
This job post has expired.