We are looking to appoint an exceptional French Teacher - 1 day per week (0.2 FTE), here at Blackley E-ACT Academy, to develop, plan and deliver effective and high-quality learning experiences for all students, ensuring progression is central to all lesson plans and giving our students the confidence to think big for themselves as they progress through our academy.
- Have high expectations of learners to ensure they achieve their full educational potential
- Set challenging teaching and learning objectives which are relevant to all students in your classes
- Have knowledge of a range of approaches to assessment, including questioning, oral assessment and self-assessment and the importance of formative assessment.
- Make effective use of a range of assessment monitoring and recording strategies to assess the learning needs of your students in order to set challenging learning objectives and plan for future teaching.
For full details of the role, please read the attached Job Description and Person Specification.
Salary MPS - Actual: £4,747 - £6,823 - FTE: £25,714 - £36,961
E-ACT Blackley Academy
A caring, inclusive primary academy in Blackley, Manchester. We instil a lifelong love of learning in all of our pupils from Nursery to Year 6.
Come join our team
Quite aside from the opportunity to work with pupils whose energy, creativity and enthusiasm never fail to inspire, our academy is:
- Ofsted good/outstanding rated, recognised for helping pupils to progress from often low starting points.
- Committed to teacher development through E-ACT’s professional learning program in partnership with leading training providers such as Ambition School Leadership.
- Leading the way in youth mental health through our very own Mental Health First Aid programme - we aim to train every teacher as a mental health first aider.
- A leader in the education sector for outstanding employee bene fits including a generous maternity policy and opportunities for flexible working.
A great place to live and work
Known throughout the world as the birthplace of the industrial revolution, Greater Manchester is notable for its cultural and musical exports as well as two of the world’s biggest football clubs.
It is also home to three E-ACT academies in E-ACT Blackley Academy, Royton & Crompton E–ACT Academy and The Oldham Academy North. There is no shortage of things to do in the city which offers beautiful green spaces and water ways to be explored on foo t or bike, quaint market towns and plenty of places to eat, drink and shop.
Part of the E-ACT family
We are an E-ACT academy and proud to be part of a community that includes over 15,400 pupils and 2,300 teaching and non-teaching professionals across the country.
E-ACT multi-academy trust is responsible for 28 academies across the length and breadth of England.
Our academies can collaborate and share ideas with one another in ways that schools may not be able to. Most importantly, we all feel part of something much bigger as our responsibilities go far beyond the four walls of a single academy, and extend to people and their communities across the country.
We are always on the lookout for dynamic, motivated and enthusiastic people so we can continue to give every one of our pupils the opportunity to explore, solve, create and achieve.
E-ACT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and all appointments are subject to enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks and satisfactory references.
E-ACT is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job post has expired.