6 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
27 March 2023 at 9am
15 March 2023
- Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - Full time
- Main teacher payscale (inner London)
What skills and experience we're looking for
The post holder will deliver specialist modern foreign language (MFL) provision, teaching French to children in Key Stage 2 (Year 3 to Year 6 at Belleville Primary School.
- Use a range of strategies to meet children’s many and varied needs
- Set clear targets for children’s learning, monitor and assess their learning and use this to inform all aspects of planning, teaching and reporting
- Further develop, adapt and enhance our French curriculum, lesson plans and teaching resources to ensure they are of the highest quality.
- Come up with exciting ideas to ensure our learning is engaging, ambitious, relevant and nurturing (L.E.A.R.N).
- Liaise with other staff as necessary to best support each child
- Support the aims and ethos of the Q1E Trust
- Operate in accordance with the policies and procedures of Q1E Trust and the school
- Set a good example in terms of conduct, dress, punctuality and attendance
- Participate in and contribute to staff training and meetings
- Positively embrace professional development and research
- Reflect on and improve your own performance
- Undertake other general tasks that the Headteacher or Executive Head may reasonably ask.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has taught children successfully, meeting their many and varied needs.
- Has evidence of raising standards and accelerating pupil progress.
- Has the ability to further develop our French curriculum and lesson plans.
- Is fluent in both French and English.
- Has thorough subject knowledge.
- Understands the purpose, structure and balance of the National Curriculum and its requirements (particularly for Key Stage 2).
- Keeps abreast of national and local education developments.
- Works well with and can communicate effectively with pupils, staff, parents and carers.
- Is committed to the safeguarding and protection of children.
You do not necessarily require qualified teacher status for this role. We are open to considering unqualified applicants.
What the school offers its staff
Belleville is one of four London primary schools in the Q1E Trust.We have recently been inspected by Ofsted (March 2022) and found once again to be Outstanding.
Ofsted (2022) say:
- "Pupils thrive at Belleville. They speak with enthusiasm about the rich curriculum they learn. Pupils behave very well and engage positively with their learning."
- "Staff are proud to work at Belleville. They receive extensive professional development. They feel their workload is well managed by leaders who welcome their input on how the school operates. Teachers at the very beginning of their career feel especially well supported."
Belleville is a large, successful, popular school with over 900 pupils on two sites near Clapham Common. We have a fantastic staff team and a supportive parent/carer community.We are in a vibrant local area with excellent transport links. Our proximity to Clapham Junction gives us easy access to central London and out across the south of England.
We offer a high quality, well-resourced and carefully structured provision, within an excellent broad and balanced curriculum. Children achieve very well, with attainment well above local and national averages.High quality specialist teachers are employed to teach PE, art, computing, music and French. We strive to meet the needs of all children – doing ‘Whatever It Takes’ to help children fulfil their potential.
The Q1E trust
Q1E provides clear structures, excellent resources and outstanding professional development for staff. Those new to the Trust receive pre-induction training before starting in post. We are an outward facing trust and we believe in learning from the best schools and systems - you will have lots of opportunity to get involved in wider projects across (and beyond) our dynamic Trust.
Further details about the role
Visit us: We encourage you to email us at email@example.com to arrange to visit Belleville before you apply, and/or have a chat with our Headteacher or Executive Headteacher about the role. You can also view our virtual tour here.
Apply: Please submit your completed application form and equal opportunities monitoring form by email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Monday 27th March. We do not accept CVs.
We are open to applicants seeking part time hours.
Please note that all our posts are subject to a full DBS check with a barred list check. It is an offence to apply if you are barred from working with children.
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to email@example.comDownload an application form - 41.7 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Belleville Primary School
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 919 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Belleville Primary School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Belleville Primary School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Class Teacher Primary Or Secondary
49 Bow Road, London, E3 2AD
Harlesden Primary School
Acton Lane, London, NW10 8UT
Pre-Supported Internship Teacher (Secondary & Post 16)
49 Bow Road, London, E3 2AD
Lowther Primary School
Stillingfleet Road, London, SW13 9AE
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London