Main purpose of the job:
• Be responsible for the learning and achievement of all pupils in the class/es ensuring equality of opportunity for all
• Be responsible and accountable for achieving the highest possible standards in work and conduct
• Treat pupils with dignity, building relationships rooted in mutual respect, and at all times observing proper boundaries appropriate to a teacher’s professional position
• Work proactively and effectively in collaboration and partnership with learners, parents/carers, governors, other staff and external agencies in the best interests of pupils
• Act within, the statutory frameworks, which set out their professional duties and responsibilities and in line with the duties outlined in the current School Teachers Pay and Conditions Document and Teacher Standards (2012)
• Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school
Essential educational requirements
QTS, QTLS, PGCE
Essential skills and experience
We are seeking a teacher of French – with the potential for additional responsibility for French - to join our faculty. The successful candidate should have excellent subject knowledge and a dynamic teaching style that engages students, they will work with the other members of the department to maintain a focus on progress, teaching and learning and raising achievement. It is also expected that they will enhance the extra-curricular activities offered.
We have a health cash plan with Simply Health, Bike2Work scheme and staff wellbeing programme which includes staff yoga and regular social activities.
NQT’s follow an established induction programme while more experienced staff are able to join our leadership training programmes. Many among our teaching staff enrol in our school-based MA programme run in conjunction with St Mary's University. The college is a member of PiXL.
The college is a member of PiXL. We share expertise and resources with Haberdashers' Askes's Hatcham College and Langley Park High School for Boys as well as with Kensington Avenue Primary School, a fellow academy overseen by The Manor Trust.
About Norbury Manor Business and Enterprise College for Girls
Norbury Manor Business and Enterprise College for Girls is an over-subscribed 11-18 girls’ school ranked in the top 10% of schools in the country. It is a unique community where all students and staff are valued as individuals. We draw strength from our diversity and take pride in our cultural richness and utilise both in preparing students to embrace their places in the local and global communities. We are dedicated to preparing students for the future – to developing confident, motivated and resilient independent learners. Norbury Manor students are encouraged to establish a strong sense of self-worth; they become articulate young adults who are both creative and enterprising.
- Kensington Avenue, Thornton Heath, Surrey, CR7 8BT
- Norbury Manor Business and Enterprise College for Girls website (opens in a new window)