We are looking to appoint a suitably qualified skilled and experienced Classroom Teacher to join our highly committed team.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is able to ensure every pupil makes good progress
• Has an excellent understanding of child development
• Is a good, or outstanding, reflective and resourceful practitioner, who is dedicated to making their practice the best it can be.
• Has knowledge and understanding of effective positive behaviour management strategies
• Has the ability to think creatively to support pupils to overcome their barriers to learning
• Has experience in the Preparing for Adulthood Curriculum
We can offer you:
• A very thorough and diverse Special Educational Needs professional development package.
• The opportunity to develop your teaching skills in a community that is committed to improving outcomes for our young people.
• The opportunity to make a real difference in our school
• A friendly, supportive team of staff
The newly formed North Wiltshire School on the St Nicholas site caters for children with a wide range of disabilities (SLD, PMLD, ASD. Age range 4-19 years) We currently have 72 pupils on roll and this number is due to rise.
St Nicholas is based on 3 sites in Chippenham. The majority of students are at the main site located just off the Malmesbury Road. Post-16 students are based in our 6th form college on Cocklebury Road, Chippenham and our fully equipped bungalow for life skills learning in Long Ridings, just adjacent to the main school building.
We value our relationships with parents and carers and other agencies in pursuit of our goal to provide the best learning experience we can.
Arranging a visit to St Nicholas School
Candidates are welcome to contact the School to arrange a convenient appointment for a guided visit. This will be considered in line with the current Government guidance regarding social distancing.