Teacher, SEN specialist
This is an exciting and diverse opportunity to work in two schools across four key stages. You will be working closely with the SEND manager and our team of TA’s at St Osmunds. At Bere Regis you will lead SEND across the school, working with all members of our school community.
0.8 at St Osmund’s Middle School
0.2 at Bere Regis Primary School
We are looking to appoint an excellent SENDCo from September 2021, who:
• is a qualified SENDCo holding the national SENDCo award;
• has a good understanding of how to support and develop children with a diverse range of additional needs including ASC;
• is able to lead and develop two teams of Teaching Assistants;
• is passionate about teaching and learning and is committed to getting the best outcomes for all pupils;
• has a proven track record of inspiring children to learn;
• is able to think, plan and act strategically;
• is able to prioritise, with a sense of humour
• is an enthusiastic and flexible team player.
The core aspects of the role include:
• Supporting staff in understanding and planning for the needs of SEND children;
• Implementing statutory requlations in accordance with the 2014 code of practice;
• Evaluating progress and attainment data, understanding and mapping the necessary interventions to meet the needs of children;
• Child protection.
Applying for the job
Please apply to St Osmund's Middle School by downloading an application form from the website or by the Dorset Council jobs portal.More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Academy, Church of England
Up to 720 pupils
9 to 13
About St Osmund's Church of England Middle School
St Osmund’s CE Middle School is an over-subscribed Middle School located in the thriving CountyTown of Dorchester. Bere Regis Primary school is a small rural primary school located in one of the most picturesque parts of the country.
We can offer excellent working conditions, a supportive environment and plenty of opportunity for further development. Both schools are proud to be a part of the successful Dorchester Area Schools Partnership and have recently joined the Wessex MAT (www.wessex.ac), a growing academy Trust, the membership of which provides exciting opportunities for support and professional development.
Both schools have:
• Students who are motivated and love their school;
• A Relationships Policy which secures good behaviour for learning;
• Staff who work collaboratively to allow all pupils to achieve their potential and contribute positively to the world;
• Fantastic resources, buildings and grounds which form a stimulating working environment;
The Wessex MAT is committed to equal opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date is Wednesday 21st April 2021.
Interview date: Thursday 29th April 2021.
Start date: 1st September 2021.
Arranging a visit to St Osmund's Church of England Middle School
Please email Mrs R Golledge to email@example.com for further details.