Annual or full time equivalent salary
Full Time Teaching Assistant required to start September 2022 job summary
We are looking for a dynamic and caring individual to join our dedicated staff. The position is for 33 hours per week (Monday 8.30am-4.30pm, Tuesday-Friday 8.30am-4.00pm), term time only, on Scale 3 point 5 (£22,575 pro rata, actual salary £18,466). The role is ideal for those who have a passion and committed to make positive relationships with children at our school, helping them achieve their potential.
What does the role involve?
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate that they can:
• Establish supportive relationships,
• Take into account the learning support required, to support children to engage with their learning as effectively as possible,
• Assist, with the class teacher (and other professionals as appropriate), in the implementation of directed programmes of support
• Deliver targeted interventions,
• Assist children with their educational and social development, on an individual and group basis,
• Provide expertise to deliver a personalised curriculum for each pupil’s learning.
We are looking for colleagues who:
Have high expectations of themselves and the care of pupils
• Are committed to achieving the highest outcomes for all children
• Will contribute to the positive ethos of the school
• Have a flexible attitude and a genuine passion to change children’s lives by inspiring them to reach and exceed their social and academic potential
• Be able to communicate effectively and relate well to both children and adults
• Work well within a team
• Are open and friendly
• Are able to support the distinctive Christian nature of our school
As a school, we highly value our Teaching Assistants and are committed to offering training, development and additional mentoring to achieve desired goals. We can also offer you a supportive and dedicated staff team, a welcoming environment and welcoming children who are keen to learn.
The closing date for applications is 12:00 noon on Friday, 1st July and interviews are will be held on Wednesday 6th July
Completed application forms can be emailed to: email@example.com
As a school we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our school community equally, without compromise. The school is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. For full details of our privacy notice for applicants please refer to the school’s website.
Applying for the job
Completed application forms can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload an application form - 111 KB
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About St Alfege with St Peter's Church of England Primary School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, Church of England, ages 3 to 11
- School size
- 221 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
St Alfege with St Peter’s C of E Primary School, where children DREAM, STRIVE, ACHIEVE, and CELEBRATE in every area of their lives.
We're a one-form entry primary school with a nursery provision, located in the heart of the historic Royal Borough of Greenwich and we've had a key role in educating children in the local area for over 150 years.
As a Church of England school, Christian principles are at the heart of all that we do. We are a diverse school community and celebrate our differences so that all families feel welcome.
Staff and Governors are committed to ensuring all our children are able to reach their full potential academically, emotionally and spiritually. We want to ensure that when our children leave us they are fully prepared for the next phase of their personal and educational journey.
Arranging a visit to St Alfege with St Peter's Church of England Primary School
Visits can be arranged through Daisy Smith our School Business Manager on 0208 858 3613.