We are looking to appoint outstanding experienced candidates to join our primary phase team. This is a superb opportunity for a committed and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to work with children and to support in the classroom. All applicants should ideally have some class-based experience.
Those applying should have previous experience of working with primary-aged children. This experience may have been gained within a mainstream education, in a specialist provision or maybe outside of education. We offer successful applicants the opportunity to work as part of a friendly and multi-disciplinary team.
There will also be an opportunity to work as a midday meal supervisor for one hour per day, with an additional salary.
We welcome applications from candidates who:
- Have NVQ Level 2 qualification (essential)
- Have experience of working with children who have SEND (desirable)
- Have knowledge of ASD (desirable)
- Are able to prepare and teach effective interventions taking into account the individual needs of learner
- Have a professional manner
- Are enthusiastic and have a friendly approach
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills
Alongside this role, there will be an opportunity to be part of the midday meal supervisory team if desired.
Applications will be considered on receipt and shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange a mutually convenient date for observation & interview. We reserve the right to close this listing early if a large number of favourable applications are received before the closing date, therefore early application is encouraged.
We can offer:
- a supportive leadership team and vibrant professional community
- a positive school culture which believes in distributed/ collaborative leadership
- a commitment to continuing professional development
- energetic and enthusiastic high attaining pupils
- a supportive, Christian ethos across our school communities
- Teaching Assistants may also be offered the opportunity to be midday meal supervisors as an additional role (1 hour per day)
The Koinonia Federation is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people. All post-holders are subject to a satisfactory DBS & pre-employment safeguarding checks and references.
This job post has expired.